SAU Community

what to do in this situation ? (ebay problem)

hi ppls, recently bought some small goodies for my s15 off ebay. the trader seems respectable with 1000+ feedback and 99.8% rating. anyways, they said they sent the item and was signed and received. However, I never have signed for anything and definatly have not receive anything. we confirmed the address is correct.

Iam waiting for the fax with proof of delivery and signature, but my questions is how can I verify with the seller that the courier made a mistake ??

I was thinking just faxing them back some legal document with my real signature, would that work ?

Loge a dispute with EBay IMMEDIATELY!!

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

Ask for details of a tracking/shipping number, and once you've got that contact the courier and seek written proof re: the validity of the number.

I'm currently trying to resolve a similar dispute with a seller in the US and it's a bit of a hassle. But the earlier you get in the more likely you'll get something.

hi ppls, recently bought some small goodies for my s15 off ebay.  the trader seems respectable with 1000+ feedback and 99.8% rating. anyways, they said they sent the item and was signed and received.  However, I never have signed for anything and definatly have not receive anything.  we confirmed the address is correct.

Iam waiting for the fax with proof of delivery and signature, but my questions is how can I verify with the seller that the courier made a mistake ??

I was thinking just faxing them back some legal document with my real signature, would that work ?

Generally a trader on ebay with that much feedback is not going to rip you.

Most likely they sent your item and the courier company has stuffed up.

The best thing you can do, as previously advised, is to open an 'items not received dispute' through ebay, gather the couriers details and contact them yourself. I wouldnt bother faxing them your signature, it wouldnt help at this stage.

Just curious, were the items sent from overseas or within Australia?

first try and get the dudes phone number and call him and also get the name of carier and ask the dude for the numbers of the item and complain their. and then follow with making a official complaint on ebay or threaten with that and legal action and he will start to get picutre u are seriuos. their is a way u can get some money you will have to read up about it

blah blah, chase the bloke up

get the courier company's number and ref number..

trust me i no.. someone off ebay still owe me $1400 from october last year..

sould find my thread.. see if the seller is reluctant to give you the courier company and number then u'll get an idea if his full of shit or not

Hey wasnt there a new law regarding ebay and how they had to help their customers who have been ripped off by giving them a pay out up to a maximum of $1500.I heard about it on the news but i diddnt listen to the whole story.

ye rang the seller and got the tracking number and run sheet for the day. called the courier company and found they sent to the wrong address! they misread the label the dumbasses. they say they will retrive the item and get it back to me....

what pisses me off is the person that got the package wasnt honest enough to say he wasnt expecting anything and just took the package.

if i find its being opened and tampered with i'll be pissed.

hell yeah- do something about it. it wasnt the sellers fault so dont give negative feedback. ive had that problem, goods arriving smashed due to poor packing. or damage not said in description. thats the thing about ebay, its not just and auction. its a gamble. but its good fun too. got to be real careful though.

ye rang the seller and got the tracking number and run sheet for the day. called the courier company and found they sent to the wrong address! they misread the label the dumbasses. they say they will retrive the item and get it back to me....

what pisses me off is the person that got the package wasnt honest enough to say he wasnt expecting anything and just took the package.

if i find its being opened and tampered with i'll be pissed.

Hi.

If the package has been opened and kept, report the recipient to Police, as they have committed theft. A person is obligated to make all efforts to return found / received items if there is a reasonable chance of the correct owner being identified.

Good luck.