SAU Community

EOI - Dyno Day (Joint OCAU & SAU Event)

Oosh

Last weekend there seemed to be a general consensus from SAU people at the 4/6/Rotor Nats that a Dyno Day was in order.

And on my travels around OCAU (Overclockers Australia), who incidently have some rather active Motoring forums, I found this:

alrighty, for a Dyno Day, got the shops name from ozhonda.com.

I rang Grahams West Workshop, 668 Marion Rd Park Holme, he'll need 3-4 weeks notice, and get about 10 cars and over.

you get 3 runs:

2wd - $40 (fwd or rwd)  

4wd - $50

He said should be able to strap a bike on for a run if anyone is interested.

Would have to be on a Saturday morning start around 8.30am - 9.00am

So anyone interested, I can get approx 5 cars already.

UPDATE: New thread to seperate from the cruise here:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthre...831#post4288831

You'll need to signup as there's no anonymous viewing allowed. If you can't be arsed I'm happy to relay any questions or suggestions.

So who's interested in helping SAU take on OCAU and blow them away? :rofl:

Dyno DAY,

Out of interest to you and other SAU forum members the SVD club is holding another dyno day at TILBROOKS on sat the 7th of May.Cost is unkown to me at present(but going on the above prices and what we held last year it should work out cheaper) however i will keep you informed when the info is available.There will be a barbi and drinks available as well.

Regards,

SKYLINE(Kym)...

err maybe .... I don't mean to sound negative Ash, but we tend to be a bit snobby toward other 'clubs', as we are definitely not RA (Ricers Anonymous) like most other groups in Adelaide. We like to keep it 'in house', and consort with adults, but you never know, there may be some interest since we haven't had a dyno day in such a long time.

That's cool, I just want to get on the dyno in the next few weeks, and if I can save some money and be invloved in an event in the process, all the better!

I don't really think they're much of a ricer crew (someone was talking of slapping a Valiant on there!) but obviously I don't KNOW, my guess would be the biggest problem is a possible abundance of "grommies" hanging around, but in my experience you tend to get that at a lot of these events.

Interestingly enough, their last Cruise culminated in somebody rolling their parents' car! http://www.ratemyparking.net/vote.php?eid=31

It was all at quite low-speed and nobody got hurt thankfully.

That seals it for me.

Not a freaking chance.

That's understandable and why i mentioned it, but i doubt there's much chance of a roll-over on the dyno, LOL.

that pic looks as though it happened somewhere in the hills. either way it looks nasty. in respect to the dyno, has anyone though of organising it ourselves.

im sure we could organise something with the guys at wilall somewhere differant for a change, may be able to include the ls1 guys, hey chops?

I'm not sure if Willall would be interested in hosting a dyno day, but I would say that a combined LS1 and SAU dyno day would be a good thing... sure to have enough interest between the two camps.

That's understandable and why i mentioned it, but i doubt there's much chance of a roll-over on the dyno, LOL.

I agree, but I'm afraid it sets in my mind the "level" of punter such an event would attract.

I agree, but I'm afraid it sets in my mind the "level" of punter such an event would attract.

True, true, well they're trying to get one going for 9th or 16th April and I'm happy to test the water with the OCAU Adelaide camp and report back.

Dedicated OCAU Dyno Day thread: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthre...831#post4288831

But, if SAU / LS1 gets one going before then I'll pull out and head to that instead,

if they get one going after well I'll at least turn up to spectate if not run again! :)