SAU Community

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the sqeek on the inside or on the outside? If its the inside than its the pedal. Get in the there with a can of WD-40 and go crazy, eventually you ll get it and it will stop squeeking.

If it's on the outside than it's the clutch fork (the arm that gets puched in by the slave cylinder). It pivots inside the clutch assembly and that's where it squeeks. To get to it you need to take the rubber boot from around the slave cylinder piston to get inside the clutch. As for lubricating it - I don't know how. I have the same problem and I couldn't get underneath enough to see what's inside. The way I understand it is that you can't just pile up the grease inside because you can get it on the clutch.

To answer your question - no, it's not the sign of the clutch wearing out.

• 2 weeks later...

mine started squeaking .... then it clicks .... then it breaks :cheers:

could be a sign that the pedal box is about to snap if you have a heavy duty clutch fitted

could be a seal, rear main seal, gearbox seal, or possibly release bearing.

sometimes the seals get hardish - specially with oldish cars like ours that havent been drivin

as much as they normally would be.

mine were hard and felt like it was about to crumble... not soft rubber

is it squeaking with your foot on or off the clutch?? is it in the pedal, or in the clutch??

if it does it at idle but goes away with the clutch in, it could be a misalignment in the clutch plate, one of the springs in the cover plate could be worn or bent, it could be nearing the rivets.

if its a pedal noise, could be any of the things already said. go crazy with wd40. if it changes for moment, thats where the noise is.

cheers

Linton

squeaky pedal? sounds like your clutch master cylinder. Cheap to repair, it will need a rebuild (seals, perhaps the shaft with a stainless steel sleeve), about $90. good idea to fix slave at the same time too. This happened on mine, eventually turned into a click, then bang no clutch. You may also notice that you put the clutch fully down and you recieve a small notch of the gearbox when putting into gear/into another gear - this is because the clutch is not dissengaging properly because of the fault in the clutch hydraulic system (the master/slave cylinders)

• 2 weeks later...

hmm this is happening to me to, i noticed it just then when i was driving with my head unit out... when i press the clutch in it sqeaks for and when i release it it squeaks, i thought it was coming from the pedal, but i hung my head out the window (i was stationary) and its coming from underneith the car.

Just bought the car about 10 days ago yet another thing i gotta fix :D at least it looks like its not to pricy

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told:

- When it squeeks as the pedal is in motion, the thrust bearing needs to be lubed

- when it squeeks when the clutch is out (engine running), but stops when you put your foot on the pedal, it's the spigot bush.

Mine was doing both. My clutch died prematurely (not related to squeek), got it changed, now it's all good.

• 2 weeks later...
mine started squeaking .... then it clicks .... then it breaks :D

could be a sign that the pedal box is about to snap if you have a heavy duty clutch fitted

crap.. mine's done the exact same thing..

does that mean i have to fully replace the master or slave cylinder or can i just rebuild it?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has been squeaky for about 8 months now.

A few weeks ago it started clicking a bit

Then the click went away

Then it got hard to change gears

Then it snapped/banged and broke. Pedal Box.

This is after I fitted a 2500lbs pressure plate and 9puck ceramic clutch. It seems pretty common eh?

I have the same clutch as you kym and the piviot bolt thing that the fork swings on sheared.How commom is that?

My squeek was coming from the fork/pivoit bolt coz all the grease had melted/worn out.