SAU Community

Clipsal 500

4door_Sleeper

Not long now. :wassup:

Whilst its been a while since we saw the GTR's showing the others the way home, and its true that half the crowd and mullet wearing bogans, who else is going this year?

I think I recall some good pics posted on the forum from last years race.

I've got my glod pass, and my pit pass, and since my other half isnt interested in comming its a great opportunity to catch up with a few mates, sink some suds and get a bit messy.

If you are going, drop past and say hi. We usually hang out behind stand G (start finish line) within shouting range of the drinks tent.

We have passes in the Pit Entry stand and will be there for the 4 days. Definitely keen on catching up for a drink - I reckon where Guy said is a good spot - I think that is near the 'Pub Tent'. We should organise a time and/or exchange mobile numbers.

A mate of mine lives on the circuit so we get to be there all day and all night, the party doesnt stop, we even get vehicle access passes to the track which is always fun. Have a look along east terrace on saturday our party is always pumping and we tend to stir up the crowd on the other side of the track by about mid race. Also we never seem to know who won the saturday race till sunday morning. Maybe the kegs have something to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt see anyone at the Clipsal today :-(

(got to take my glasses tomorrow)

How about a meet up at 1:00 under the big umbrella thing (lots of colours and fabric with chairs and tables under it) its behind the G section (not the G spot - I can never find that thing) of the Barry Sheen Grandstand - in line with the start finish line. - Dont tell me you couldnt find it after thad description :-)

I didn't make it at all today due to work, and I probably won't be in there by 12 tomorrow, as I have to work in the morning.

Can we make it at 1pm though - which is straight after the Supercars 2nd Practice. Can we meet where u said then?

how about we try for 12:45pm at the Eastern edge of the multi-coloured shade? The 1st Supercar race starts at 2pm so we will have time to have a drink and say hi. Everyone is of course invited.

12:45 is good.

which is the eastern side? We are always on the side closest to the Clipsal Merchandise tent (used to be a smaller beer tent)

I'll have a clipsal hat on (with a chekered flag and tacho) - Anyone got phone numbers? PM me and I will give you mine. (heading in at 9:30)