SAU Community

EOI - Dyno Day (May date?)

chops

Guys, there was some interest in the other thread about a dyno day, since there hasn't been one in a while.

Due to the relatively small following here in SA for events, this would best be held in conjunction with another group, in order to get the numbers required to make it worthwhile for a workshop to hold such an event.

I believe in the past, there have been successful events held along with the LS1 guys, and given what I drive this seems a natural choice for me :D. Also, due to their higher average age than many other groups, they tend to "fit" better with the crew here.

I was thinking of a date some time in May, due to timing of other events, and nice cool weather being good for power numbers!

At this stage, the location is still up for discussion - I have one in mind, but I would have to make some enquiries as to whether they would even be interested in a dyno day, as they are really a private workshop.

So, taking suggestions on:

Workshop: (preferences?)

Date: (when in May would be the best, probably NOT long weekend)

Group: (are you cool with LS1 guys?)

Style: Dyno day only, Dyno and BBQ, Dyno and cruise etc.

Also, would be good to know if you were interested even if you don't have any suggestions to offer.

If I get this off the ground, and everyone is cool with the pairing with LS1, I will post a thread there also, and try to get one or two "exhibition" cars organised.

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

chops

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind finding out power figures etc.

Im sure Jaffa would put his LS1 on the rollers too. Would love to see the GENT 1 tonner on there :cheers:

Sundays or Saturday arvos would be best IMO.

Yeah I'm interested, May is fine and a small BBQ on side would be good, and I have no problems sharing the rollers with LS1's (esp. if they're turbo charged! :cheers: ).

Obviously need firmer details before i could commit 100% but at this point count me in.

A turbo LS1 is one of the cars I would be hoping to organise, but that would of course depend on the owners availability on the day we choose.

Long weekend is the 14th, 15th, 16th (drags on the 14th)

Also, drags on Sunday the 1st.

So at this stage, thinking of either the 7th, but preferably the 21st or 28th of May.

Time of day would really be up to the workshop.

Does it matter if your car is stock?

I wouldnt mind givin the stocker a boostn on the dyno to see the figure.

Sorry, you can't come, you need to have at least 400RWKW! :)

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm free I'll be there. I might just come along for a look though... I'll decided closer to the date.

Workshop: Willall

Date: 7-8, 21-22, or 28-29 are my prefered May weekends (

Group: The LS1 guys are fine with me :cheers:

Style: Dyno day and BBQ