SAU Community

ECU problem :(

romeo

I found it to be 100% heat related, after I managed to get a few coil packs together I found when I placed a cold pack on the already hot running engine it would be fine, until the pack got up to engine temp, then it would stop working. I think it's actually internal breaks in the coil, the wire seperates and fails to conduct when heated. Funnily enough that was the reason for my gearbox solenoids too, they couldn't pick the fault when cold as the coils worked fine.

I ended up replacing all but 1 with series II R33 coil packs...not ideal as they don't bolt in, but hey it fixed the problem.

Yea im also leaning to 2wards the fact that it could be a heat related problem, causing the wiring to breakdown. So the signal to coils arent consistent and breaking. Today i drove the car and it didnt drop a cylinder or sound like a rexy, though the engine light is still on. But when u start the car in the morning you, it sort of tries to drop a cylinder(sounding rough) and then its seems ok.

Any way guys im going to mention all these helpful hints to the mechanics as im not too mechanical minded. That should make things a lot clearer for them.

And yes this time i do knw how to handle the situation regarding a service that benefits and fixes the problem. no guess working involved.

Thanks, i didnt think posting a message on the forums could benfit me as much.

:)

i took my car to Unique Auto Sports, my car was running shit as...they assured me it was the coil packs even offered them to me for $900, wow so cheap.  Anyway i bought em my self for $600.  It didnt even touch my problem, so $600 dollars later + there dyno fee i was left with nothing...

I found the problem, guess what it was, one of the knock sensor plugs wasnt plugged in, how much did that cost me??? NOTHING!!!!!!!!

THANKS HEAPS GUYS!!!!!!

Seriously dude, search on here for ure problem u may be suprised at wat u find.  Its wat i should have done first and saved a shit load of money...

having similar problems with my R33 for ages now, where are the knock sensors located? pics? i've had people go over it and even gotten an aftermarket ECU but the problem persists :P

thx.

if you are looking into the engine bay from the front of ure car, the knock sensors are on the left hand side of the engine underneath the intake...look around for em on a rb20t there r two, one near the back of the engine and the other near the front...not sure on a rb25...

hope that helps, im not 2 good at explaining things...