SAU Community

Parts Direct from CROWER in the USA

B33st

Has any one purchased parts direct from crower in the US. Was about to order some Rods for my RB25 locally @ $2100 when i saw i could get them direct from Crower for only $1060US ($1300 au). The wont give a price for postage until after the order is placed so any idea's how much it would be and how long they take to ship stuff out.

leigh.

Id be careful with that dude, anything over $1000AU or demmed to be worth over $1000 you will get charged GST, import duty, Goverment charges, custom fees .... the list goes on. You will probably end up paying more once you get them, unless you can get them to list the item as a Gift then you dont have to pay any charges (trick I got from using ebay :) ), but I dout you will be able to a big company like that to do it.

Id be careful with that dude, anything over $1000AU or demmed to be worth over $1000 you will get charged GST, import duty, Goverment charges, custom fees .... the list goes on. You will probably end up paying more once you get them, unless you can get them to list the item as a Gift then you dont have to pay any charges (trick I got from using ebay :P ), but I dout you will be able to a big company like that to do it.

That is correct, if it is over the $1000AUD then you will get jammed, unless you know someone in the states willing enough to received the goods for you and send them back with a reduced amount on the declaration, not that I am advising you to do that nor take any responsibility...just heard that a few people do it.

Oh and most performance places will NOT adjust the invoice price, as there are severe fines for them. I get my parts from Summit in the States obviously and they even state that on the invoice. However, if you know someone and buy them, and get someone to bring them back often they are depreciated and then reduced customs.

I wish I could help but I am almost up to my limit as is!!!

To get below $1000 just buy 3 rods for $650 twice and get them shipped in 2 packages

Pay a bit more in freight, but good chance you will get thru customs.

What I was thinking.

Do this. Be a Guinea pig. Interested to see how you get on.

I too am interested in finding out more about this free trade agreement between here and the states. Can't seem to make sense of the Customs web site. Anyone know more about it, what good are duty free and not.

leigh.

Last time I bought over $1000 worth of car bits from the states I got hit with 10% GST, and a Auto Parts Duty which is ususally 15%, but less for me due to my older car. You also have to pay a customs processing fee which is between 30 and 60 bucks. This may have been changes since the last time I ordered stuff tho.

Free trade agreement is bogas...

You will get hit with customs duty, search fees and GST, irrelevant about free trade...it just means that some items have reduced duties.

I don't know what they are, contact customs they are reasonably helpful. They have been to me in the past!!

After a quick call the the customs hotline (1300 363 263) i have been told that i would be up for 10% duty on the purchase price of car parts, then 10% GST on Parts, duty, and postage.

so even at a purchase price of $1060US + $100US postage (guess)

I am looking at $1470AU.

Plus 10% duty on purchase price $135AU

Plus 10% GST on both $160AU

Total cost would be $1765AU

still cheaper than any thing i can buy new here.

Hey Doughboy do you know where i can get a set of argo rods from and at what cost.

price i have for par is $1650 + 10%gst and postage (approx $1850)

REV $1510 + 10%Gst and postage (approx $1700)

I am tempted with the par ones but have not had any feedback about the REV rods. Any one know how good they are compared to the others?

Just finished talking with ARGO, $1980 for RB25/26 rods with arp bolts.

5% trade disc for single purchase =$1881 + 10%gst +$25 postage

= $2096.60

• 2 weeks later...