SAU Community

Trust vs HKS turbos

shonen

as for the td05 way to small, go a td06-25G and hang on!

as for the garrett /HKS i thought that hks had different blades and so on.

i know for a fact that HKS make there own exhaust housing for the R line up of the 2835.

and they have also started making there own compressor housings too.

The constant rebuilding of plain bearing turbos wore pretty thin with me many years ago.  If it hasn't got balls, I simply don't use it.  I don't care what Trust compressor and turbine I come up with, I will always achieve faster boost build and more reliable operation from a ball bearing core.  It is then a matter of matching the compressor and the turbine with what it is that you are trying to achieve (max power, driveablility, times etc).

I have read all of your posts in this thread shonen and I am still not sure what it is exactly that you want from your car.  It's an auto isn't it?  And I can't remember what other mods you have already done.  Without that information, suggesting a turbo would be a waste of time from my perspective.:)

Sydney Kid the car is a manual....and I pretty much have everything except internals done all ready for the turbo to go in..

ie Front mount, full exhuast from turbo back, pfc, ebc, air filter z32 afm and getting fuel pump and bigger injectors before purchasing the turbo.

Basically what I want from the car is a good mix of power and response...but ultimately response.....to me breaking 300rwkw is a magical figure...not too greedy :D.....but hey if I get GOOD response and get close enough to that figure (ie high 200s) than ill be content.

Oh and beating Infected Flow would be a bonus !!!! a very good bonus !!! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I would never LS an R32 either. I do have truly evil thoughts about VK56s or the Toyo V12s out of New Zealand though. Very hard to justify for my daily....
    • Oh no. There's heaps. A whole lot of them are legitimately handling/installation problems. The material used in the L19 bolts is susceptible to hydrogen embrittlement and must be kept well oiled and not handled without gloves, etc etc. There have been many failures of these from people who didn't realise. There may also have been failures caused by conditions inside the engine (say, head gasket failures?) and people didn't realise that that was probably a death warrant. But that's the L19 material. The ARP 2000s are not made of the same stuff and are more forgiving. But from what I gather there have been occasions where the head has pulled off of one, and non-one can say that the installation was at fault (given good torque records), etc etc, but maybe just maybe the face of the rod shoulder where the bolt head sits wasn't actually perfectly square to the bore of the hole...and loaded up the head with a torque across it and.... ping! I've head stories of bolt heads being found in corners of workshops or in the bottom of sumps even without starting and running the engine! Trouble is, it is really hard to sort the true material failures from the handling/installation failures. It's worse than human medicine. You can only run the experiment once, and you can't run it backwards in time to look at the rod before it became a modern sculpture.
    • In my experience with maxspeed rods, it was not that the ARP rod bolts were "fake" but they are made under licence from ARP, rather than made directly by ARP. Not the same thing and quite likely to have more quality variations, let's be realistic. I haven't had any issues with mine.  I daresay look hard enough, there would be some failures of genuine ARP products too though? Even if very few.
    • Haha honestly the thought crossed my mind but skylines are so damn rare here someone would probably hang me 😂    I’ve had a few LS swapped cars (280zx and a foxbody mustang) so trying something a bit different this time 
    • Not much info in that request..... If you have a VIN you could look up the factory part number here: https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/nissan