SAU Community

Stalling problem

darren32

Hi. I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I have a 32 gts-t with a stalling problem. The problem occurs when the car is idling, or slowing down to idle (eg at lights). It runs OK sometimes, and then others it will drop in revs and just lose it, or it may drop in revs and then recover itself. I've replaced the AFM, O2 sensor, igniter and even the motor itself! It has the original BOV (not to atmosphere). We've checked the fuel pump and that's running fine. Injectors and coil pack have been replaced.

WHAT ELSE IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read the other posts that cover stalling problems and haven't really had anything that relates to this situation.

If I can get ANY help on this it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

PS. The guy who had the car before me had some dodgy work done to it. Don't know if this may be a factor.

Heh - I'm having the EXACT same problem!!! Boostworx has got my car atm and has for the past 2 weeks trying to sort it out!!!

We've tryed averything, had the auto-elec there a million times, tryed second hand parts etc. Nothing! Finally he was going to try replacing the fuel pump, but he would have had to order in one. So instead I'm just getting him to install a Bosch 040 which I was going to do eventually anyway. Hopefully that'll fix it!

Thanks,

Adam

p.s. with the fuel pump it can be running fine but still be the problem due to intermitent earthing problems, instead of mucking around with wiriing etc I'm just replacing it (a worthwhile upgrade anyway if your ever going for any performance mods!).

Thanks Adam.

I've been wanting to put in a bigger fuel pump for a while, but didn't know how to get around the wife. This is a great excuse!!!! And of course we'll keep our fingers crossed that this is the solution to both our problems!!

Darren

PS. Let us know how you go with yours

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=408 This thread is about the same problem but it is in the forced induction section. as i understand it, the computer in the car senses when the car is on idle and to stop the noise of the fuel pump being so loud when idleing, the computer cuts voltage to the fuel pump from 100% to say 50% to keep the humming noise down. now when the car does this it causes them to stall or idle up and down sometimes causing stalling problems. my car does it aswell, but i havent fixed the problem yet. to fix this problem u have to get the earth wire off the fuel pump and re - earth it to the body of the car to get 100% voltage to the fuel pump all the time. in this thread it tell you how to do it. just read throughit. hope this helps you.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions. I'm putting in another fuel pump today, and if that doesn't fix it i'll try the AAC valve and re-earthing. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!!!

OK. Changed the fuel pump and still had the problem. So I earthed the pump to some bare metal in the boot and guess what:

IT STILL STALLS ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AAC has also been changed.

I am at my wits end (to put it politely).

Please if you have any different suggestions, let me know.

OK. Changed the fuel pump and still had the problem. So I earthed the pump to some bare metal in the boot and guess what:

IT STILL STALLS ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AAC has also been changed.

I am at my wits end (to put it politely).

Please if you have any different suggestions, let me know.

Dont have your bov vent externally simple

My car has this problem and it only started after i fitted the bov that vents externally. I plan to vent the air back in in the future so i can put up with it for now, it happens very occasionally anyway.

if its of any interest i did read somewhere on either here or sdu about a procedure u can put the ecu thru to rasie the ide speed or something. maybe do some searching... good luck

26GTS

try having a look at ur throttle body, give it a good clean with carbi cleaner, i had the same problem, ive just been adjusting the tps sensor a little, and the idle screw, its not stalling but my car is idling a little high, ive changed my fuel pump and every thing else, ill just keep on mucking around withe the tps and idle screw and hopefully get it right, good luck to everybody thats got the same problem

im oppsite from that wen eva im on hill and my car seems to stall and if i give some gas, it would bunny hop really bad !!!!! any 1 know exprienced this probelm ?? some 1 sed u cant let the fuel get too low ????

i think my fuel guage isnt reading out correct readings

i had a similar problem, darren

turned out that it was because i had cut wire 53 (to remove speed limiter) and the car just thought that was a terrible idea. would stall sometimes at low rpm for no reason.

might be worth checking it out

could be a broken wire somewhere in the loom. it sounds like you have enough cash to go searching so maybe invest in a brand new wiring loom?

good luck,

Waz.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions. I'm putting in another fuel pump today, and if that doesn't fix it i'll try the AAC valve and re-earthing. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!!!

yeh im having the same problem but i cant let my fuel go to low wen it gets low problems starts to occur, cars stalling wen u on a hill or sometime normal road, u give it a bit the car bunny hops and jerks very bad !!!

im rang up a few workshops they are gonna do a dyno to find out how much fuel is goin in and stuff like tht, i suggest u take ur car to a specailze imports place to get a sorted !!

are u having the same problem as me ???

Cheers

thank warren

ill check that out. i was looking at getting another loom anyway. btw i don't have a lot of money, i've just been taking the parts off my wifes car (sshhhh don't tell her!!)

i think you should try changing the bov but it has to be plumb back.

i had that prob with my r33 gtst i changed the bov and it fixed the prob straight away or give unique auto sports a call and speak to ben on 02 96348000.

good luck....