SAU Community

Family car what would you get and why?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the others and go a STAGEA.

I too owned a Mazda Astina but gave it to the EX and brought the Stag and what a surprise. Get the series 2 with the Neo motor, I prefer cloth seats espeacially if you live in a hot area and some come with reclining back seats choice of colour is up to you and you won't worry about the volvo jokes after you leave them at the lights. Your biggest problem will be keeping the missus out of it as it can be a very versatile vehicle and if the kids are a problem you can fold down the back seats and Nissan do supply good tie down points if required.

Good Luck

Gary

get a wrx or some other turbo sube. grips like a 16yo schoolgirl and the late model ones arent too bad inside. love my dads 03 impreza rs (2.5L non turbo with the wrx guards and semi wrx susp/interior)

id go the stagea, chaser, or tarago/odyssey, or one of the bigg VIP lexus sedans. depends on what ur after exactly.

magnas and camrys not much bigger than 4dr skylines and the like. commodores and fords are, but the quality is pathetic.

i owned a 2000 Liberty wagon, it was a great car, little lacking in the power though, it felt like the gbox was for a 2L not 2.5L. parts were a bit of a hassle and the gbox was very notchy, as they are.

cheers

Linton

personally i would go either JZX100 or Lexus LS400 ('94) with the $15000 left over from the lexus you can twin turbo the V8 no probs. miles of room in the big luxury lexus. i think i even saw a couple out at emerald

Try a Forester GT, I have one as a daily practical car, its not too bad.... has heaps of load space and a gaint sunroof if you get the luxury pack!

In standard form they are a bit of a slug but can be made to perform ok with with some decent bolt-ons (3inch zorst/CAI/wrx TD04L turbo), handling is crap but it can be made better (wrx rear swaybar helped mine heaps) and at least it has plenty of grip. :(

Good luck! :)

maybe a r32, r33 sedan, if you wouldn't want to spend to much on an r34 sedan, or even a JZX90/JZX100 chaser/mk II sedan.

stagea is another good one but the RB25DET in it will have to pull more weight as compared to the weight in the r33 coupe. i have also read that almost all of the stageas are auto's (so u won't have the full potential or the RB25) also the auto trans is a bit laggy.

Jzx90 Mark2? one in the trading post for $19k. 5 speed and twin turbo. Stock I'd say there pretty slow.. With a few bolt on's you can have some fun. Mate has one with around the 230rwkw.. Very interesting in the wet to say the least.

ever driven one? My STOCK auto Jzx90 mark2 ran consecutive 14 flats..... add an exhaust and stuff and your looking mid to low 13s... for a large car weghing over 1500kg that's impressive.

that's pretty quick IMO...

sigma!

nah, a stagea would suit nicely. bit plain looking but the autech kit is delicious. a chaser would be good too, how bout a vip cima/q45/celcior ect?

get yourself a copy of hpi no 49, inside is a 4door import guide. what an cool wife

for something a little different, Volvo 850R... 240hp and a good size for the family, plus being a Volvo nice and safe to carry them round in.

What I've been lookin at:

WRX's

EVO's

R34 Sedan

Stagea

And right up the top is a Mazda MPS but thats pushing the budget just a little well alot.

I'm looking at manuals would prefer it to be turbo.

EVO EVO EVOS!!

or maybe a wrx hatch i reckon these days they look much appealing than a sedan

EVO EVO EVOS!!

or maybe a wrx hatch i reckon these days they look much appealing than a sedan

I agree with the WRX's if I end up with ne of them it will be a Hatch.

Stagea is looking like the one though :rofl: