SAU Community

GTR and Gtst turbos

This thread has me very interested... How much could I pick up a 2nd hand RB25 turbo for? Will it be laggier? how much more power, or will it require a bit of tuning?..

$300 - $450

Yes, slightly.

Assuming the basic, exhaust, FMIC, etc. 15-30rwkw.

To get the most and safely, yes.

The biggest advantage is you'll get more power on and RB25 Turbo @ 7psi than you will on a RB20 @ 10psi so you're not stressing it as much, when turbo exhaust wheels let go they don't always just end up as rattly bits in the cat, they can go back up your exhaust ports and in to the engine, happened to GTRGeoff & RowdyR32 just recently, not pleasant...

MMMMmmmmm. Fortunately the GTR has steel wheels as that's a $12K engine, but the RB25DETT was only rebuilt 10K before at a cost of $3K plus my 25 hours of labour. :)

MMMMmmmmm. Fortunately the GTR has steel wheels as that's a $12K engine, but the RB25DETT was only rebuilt 10K before at a cost of $3K plus my 25 hours of labour. :)
Feel for you buddy, I spoke to Rowdy on the weekend and he mentioned after talking to you it helped him diagnose why his RB26 GTST "sounded like a truck" to use his words.

After stacking the GTR he's not had a great run lately, I hope his Fireblade stays in one piece! :)

I can vouch for this upgrade being well worthwhile, I used to run a S1 RB25 turbo on my RB20 and found that it was great, always felt like it had more power and not laggy at all :)

It WAS a straight bolt in also :)