SAU Community

why doesnt anyone wave in newcastle anymore?

NZM.031

hey guys,

just wondering why skyline owners dont wave to each other anymore??

there used to be a time when u could go in to newcastle and everyone waved to everyone else in a skyline, aussie 31s through to 34 gtrs. went down to newi today and saw a few lines' gave them a wave, and not one waved back except for a black 33gtst with a veilside front bar, we had a bit of play up the hill past bar beach. but that was it. i saw 6 imports and 2 aussie 31s.

i was in my 33, wine red, 400r kit and gold work meisters. and got snobbed by a p plater in a 31 silo.

whats goin on!

cheers

Linton

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe Agreed! i think people have gone from the wave toa nod to nothing.. haha.. i was thinking this same thing the other day! i might just throw the wave out there.. its only if people dont see you and you look like a tosser or they snob you..

lenno if you see me pull me up ok..

:( , Chris

Its not just Newy...

In the last 18 months of driving around 230km/week I'd say I've seen a total of 3 other skyline drivers acknowledge my old '32. I just can' be arsed anymore either.

In the Inner SW of Sydney its better to look full hard (or something to that effect) in yo' ride apparently, so thats pretty much the style I drive with now.

Have had a wave from a yellow 34 on Parra rd, a 32 on Canterbury Rd & a fellow 32 sedan driver on a 1.5 lane street near Newtown IGA.

hehe last weekend i was coming home to newy and this guy an a maroon 32gtr basically jumped out of his window and waved was quite funny actually.. but then again i saw a yellow 34gtr old guy saw me but kept his eyes on the road.. no acknolegement.. oh well

oohaahGTR, i saw you at the forshore. gave you a wave, u must not have seen me. i always see you down there when im there. your car stands out like dogs balls, specially with the carbon bonnet and boot. haha

when i get my kit and bonnet and wing, i should stand out a bit more too.

cheers

Linton

heya..I'll have to try the out the window one... won't be missed then ! :wassup: ...

and i agree nice paint uloook, have your headlights been painted also ?, just looks that way.

No worries chris, by the sound of it i cant miss ya !

cya's

lenno

ULOOOK, I saw you about two weeks back in Newy on a Thursday night.

I was behind you where that dude in the dark green 180 did a massive drift onto Hunter st.

Nice car you got there. :rofl:

Anyway, I've only had my 'line for about a month now, and the first thing I noticed from other drivers was the wave.

Freaked me out the first time, but now I make sure that if I don't initiate it, I definately respond to it!

The ULOOOK plates just suited the car I guess, I dunno tho it definatly suits the car.

The colour is custom as I have had the car resprayed. I believe it was Nismo Blue but who knows. The headlights havent been painted but they are dark for some reason.

I seen that huge drift that was crazy, crazy person hahahaha !!!

I never ever drive my car so I never get to wave. If you see us round give us a wave tho :P

See ya

Krystle

Hey, just wondering where some of you Newy guys and gals are at?

Being new to the 'lines (1 month and loving it!), I've seen quite a few around but there doesn't seem to be that many people on here from up this way.

I'm in Rathmines at the moment (until we can find a 4 bed house with a garage that will let us have a dog), and I know I've seen a white 33 around Morisset and a silver 33 around Toronto way.