SAU Community

For those people bringing in modified cars under SEVS

For those people bringing in modified cars under SEVS and expecting everything to be right well this is the go.

Before the vehicle is delivered to the workshop ensure it is back to standard not "that should be right just sort it later".

If the workshop replaces aftermarket parts oficialy it has to be replaced with new parts, not all do it but ones that do can hit you with a big bill.

This was confirmed with DOTR's they are the final decision with what they say is fact and not fiction.

All non conforming parts are to be returned to the owner of the vehicle if requested,

Parts are not to be Destroyed automatically as Export is an option,

Common Law under ownership of parts over rides the Federal Legislation,

Only new parts are to be fitted to a vehicle if replacing non conforming parts,

Parts from a different model are not to be used especially ones that leak (Soarer Suspension in a Supra),

Destroying and exporting of non conforming parts is to do with the RAW owning the vehicle not a third party.

A couple of people are having problems with Greedy workshops which is why I posted this, at worst you sign a Stat Dec saying you own the parts and you want them back as the car is standard and complyied.

It is under review but this is how it stands at the moment.

These links can help out a bit more,

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/raws_online_guide.htm

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/Download/PDF/RAW...uide%20July.pdf

yes. Read into what he is saying.

He is saying that the car must be standard when it is presented to the RAW for compliance ie. you can make the car standard before it gets to the RAW, then they will comply it as a standard car.

i thought you couldnt even see the car until it was complied?

soooo i could import a worked R34 GTR..

get it delived to my place after customs, put it back to standard MYSELF.. get it towed to the complience workshop... get it complied/registered

then put all the mods back on it?

what if it has forged pistons etc (internal work that cant be seen)

would that have to be changed?

I was pretty sure you didn't have a chance to get your mits on it at all.. had to go straight from docks to compliance centre.

With 15 year cars you could do what you liked before compliance. SEVS is a more integrated process.

i thought you couldnt even see the car until it was complied?

soooo i could import a worked R34 GTR..

get it delived to my place after customs, put it back to standard MYSELF.. get it towed to the complience workshop... get it complied/registered

then put all the mods back on it?

what if it has forged pistons etc (internal work that cant be seen)

would that have to be changed?

It is a question like "how long is a piece of string".

Depends on the state you live in depends on what workshop you deal with,

Depends if you can even find the standard parts as for some cars it is very hard,

If they are going as far as pistons their will be a lot of other work done to it so do you want to get the car here and then go shit I dont have that bit and order it new,

Guy's are getting ripped or given the run around on simple things like suspension and wheels let alone some of the other parts you are thinking about.

If it isnt trained monkey bits to swap over and you are unsure DONT buy it unless you can afford a lot of bits from Nissan.

It wont be long and the ruling will be straight to the work shop from the dock.