SAU Community

Pics of my JZX100 [huge pics 56K warning]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of car do you think you'll bring back when you do come home?

I've had my E5 for a few years now. Bought her in 2001, then she was only 3 years old. Sourcing an immaculate, undamaged and low kilometres one is where I spent so much money, then came the tuning :D. When I thought I was done tuning the Evo, I started to look at Chasers but end up spending more money on the Evo. So the Evo is all that's coming home.

They are very nice and the prices are getting better, I have a JZX90 Mark II about to leave I was looking at a 100 but they are still twice the price of a 90 and you can have only so many toys.

One thing I learnt is the 90 and 100 suspension is the same and Supra wheels fit as well.

You will love the stuff avialable out of Hyper Rev for them and on Yahoo Japan.

The motor is smooth as, is it Manual or Auto.

Evos are awesome. Well out of my price range though.

Thanks for the tips DRIFTT. Have you got a link for Hyper Rev?

I had to get an auto unfortunately. The manuals are ridiculously expensive. I heard the split between manual/auto was 10/90, which explains the price premium.

You can get them direct at http://www.news-pub.com/magazine/details.html?pid=13 and you want Vol 86 it covers Mark II, Chaser and Cresta, heaps of stuff in them.

I get mine off Graham at www.japanparts.com and his direct [email protected] or 001181353827364, I like dealing with him and he is a Ex Kiwi and easy to deal with, when you want parts you go Volume 86 JZX100 Chaser page 46, Apexi Induction, nice and easy.

I order a few each month,

As much as its stock man that is nice! I saw my first real life one the other day at my mechanics. Sooooo nice. I just cant get over them.

I wanted one so bad, but about $40k more than the cef for a manual, not quite in the price range (about 2years ago that was tho)

Vol 26, 55 and 86 are all the Chasers...86 being the latest one as mentioned and the perhaps the best one to read first.

I have almost all the Hyper Rev volumes and have been reading them for a number of years, Rezz has seen my full collection (I don't bother with the Honda ones...sorry).

Hyper Rev is good as a guide and parts directory, but beware of the setup power output they claim. If you know your engine you'll know the list of mods on some of the setup printed will not yield xxxhp. Tuning Shops will not tell all their secrets also it's a book to help promote the shop....i.e tuning in Japan. But if you know the tuners circle and you'll know which shop knows their shit :D.

I dont think yo'll be regretting it mate, that car is nice. and Something I would love to own. But I'll stick with the GTR for a while now :(

Nice rims aren't that expensive these days, and a light exhaust is cheap as chips to give it a nice sound. other then that I wouldn't touch it

mark

Haven't got it yet. If you could scan them in, that'd be awesome. The dark blue colour (if it's the stock one) is really nice. The deep dishes shoudl really set it off too. I had to decide between the green and the blue and a car in green came up first, so I bought that one.

Is it a series 1 or 2?