SAU Community

Pics of my JZX100 [huge pics 56K warning]

Cool, thanks :)

The clear indicators are standard on Avantes I think. So that would indicate you have got different lights on there. Then again, lots of people just change the orange ones to clear anyway.

I just hope I can keep my xenons and S2 taillights.

With the side ones, I'll definitely see if I can supply them with a set.

Overall, it doesn't seem like much was changed during compliance.

That's very good to hear that they come with the actual glass tinted btw.

So what are the actual trim levels and the differences? Avantes and ??? I've also noticed that you have no badges on yours (bar the Toyo badge), while i have only got "Tourer V" on mine, while other chasers actually have "Chaser" on them too. Weird....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice :)

Those blinkers are the same as the Avante ones. The other clear blinker type you can get seems to block out all the orangeness of the bulb somehow, but they aren't as clear looking as yours (more like the orange ones on mine, but in clear). So they could be a whole Avante light set, or it could just be the side blinkers. I'm really not too sure :rofl:

I wanted one so bad, but about $40k more than the cef for a manual, not quite in the price range (about 2years ago that was tho)

One was bought the other day at Kyushu Gold a Auto 100,000 klm 4/B in White JZX100 Tourer V for 690,000 car cost so around $20,000 plus Rego, not too bad I would say.

The price is coming down,

If that was the 2000 model I'm thinking of, it was probably a misgraded accident vehicle.

Nah it was a tidy car just 100,000 klm, right place right time, was yours bought of Motor World.

But that is always the case for over 100k klms cars, the prices are substantially cheaper than say an 80k car. That being said, when i purchased my car about 12months ago i paid close to 800,000 FOB for a series 1, 4/b, 1/98 with 90k kms on it, which i thought was pretty damn good at the time. Everytime you look you always seem to find a car which is slightly cheaper than the one you bought :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear another 100 on the road, I ve just registered mine and I know the one up in newcastle. All tourer V's came standard with the xenons and they do have to be modified to meet ADR's. regardless of year.

xenons and they do have to be modified to meet ADR's. regardless of year.

It is a $15 dollar mod or spend $4,000 for every time you want to test the lights for approval, 2 tests and $8,000 lot of money to make back when not a lot of JZX100's are coming in.

Not like R34's were spare lights are around and you can swap for compliance.

Yeah $8000 is quite a bit of money. I suppose if the compliance shop had a set of Avante lights they could swap those in, but why would they do that when they can just halogenise them and still make just as much money.

We have to Mod the Supra, Soarer, R33 and Delica lights in some way for compliance but with Soarer and Supra we replace a $50 globe with a $6 globe.