SAU Community

Pics of my JZX100 [huge pics 56K warning]

Woo Hoo! Another JZX100! :rofl: This means that Australia now has a total of like 5 :headspin:

Where are you getting your compliance done if you dont mind me asking? I had mine complianced by TGB imports in Penrith about 8 months ago and they told me that the S2 were definitely out of the question at that point in time due to the different tail and headlights :)

Dont worry about the auto either, i have an auto too and have a PFC (the only auto car that Apexi makes the PFC for) on order and you can apparently change shift points as the stock shifting is a little to "twitchy" for my liking.

Good luck with the importing!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see another owner on here :)

I'm getting the compliance done with Japlink. I spoke to TGB and they really didn't seem too interested in complying a car for me. I asked if they wanted to use my car as the evidence car for SEVS (in exchange for free compliance), and it seemed like they would at first, but then changed their mind and wanted me to pay the full amount. I decided to use Japlink since they already had S2 compliance available and seemed way more professional.

I've already got my auto Power FC for it sitting next to me. I also got the boost control kit for it.

Have you had yours on a dyno yet btw? I'm planning on doing a before and after run after every mod I do so I can track the effect of each mod.

Also, did you lose your xenon lights?

Michael, who are you going with for insurance / how much?

I'd say I'll go with Famous again. I've been with them for 2 years now. I haven't got a quote yet though. I'll be looking at other insurers over the next few weeks for sure.

Thanks for the pics Kamikaze. That looks awesome. It's definitely a S1 too. The blue looks like an aftermarket colour as well, but it could just be the way they've polished it up. The stock blue is very dark though.

Thanks for the pics Kamikaze. That looks awesome. It's definitely a S1 too. The blue looks like an aftermarket colour as well, but it could just be the way they've polished it up. The stock blue is very dark though.

That interior is much nicer than mine too. It's very much like what Nissan did with the R33. Put some crazy fabric on the seats when the series 1 velour was much nicer. I'll put up a pic of my interior to show you what I mean.

Good to see another owner on here :)

I'm getting the compliance done with Japlink. I spoke to TGB and they really didn't seem too interested in complying a car for me. I asked if they wanted to use my car as the evidence car for SEVS (in exchange for free compliance), and it seemed like they would at first, but then changed their mind and wanted me to pay the full amount. I decided to use Japlink since they already had S2 compliance available and seemed way more professional.

I've already got my auto Power FC for it sitting next to me. I also got the boost control kit for it.

Have you had yours on a dyno yet btw? I'm planning on doing a before and after run after every mod I do so I can track the effect of each mod.

Also, did you lose your xenon lights?

I'm pretty certain the Series 1's didnt have Xenon headlights as standard, and i've replaced the bulbs in them already - at compliance they engraved into the light unit the type of bulb they take. From my conversations with the compliance place they didnt seem to think the series 2 would pass without major modification of the head and tail lights (which seems *extremely* strange to me considering the number of cars around with them now). I guess we'll have to wait and see how they go with yours.

No, i havent done a dyno run yet, but i got a full 3" exhaust on it quick smart and she pulls a *lot* better than before (as you'd expect). They run high boost standard too, around 0.7 bar, 0.8 after the exhaust was put on - according to the Blitz TT i have. But a dyno run will happen before the PFC, EBC, FMIC and exhaust adj cam pully are put on as well as post. I'll put up the details when i do if you like.

Deep dish rims are a must too, they look soo good with them on!

Look at the seats and carpet. Pretty horrible isn't it :rofl:

They also changed the dash lighting from white to orange I think.

interior1.jpg

Geez, Toyota went weird didnt they! :) And yeah, series 1 dash is identical except for the white lighting which is digitally adjustable to dim :)

Oh, and theres a funky thing for the centre vents to automatically "swing" from left to right then back again which is *really* cool! :)

Really? english.auto.vl.ru says that all Tourer Vs from 96 onwards had xenons. Maybe yours had Avante headlights on it when it came in?

That is strange that TGB don't think they can comply them. Japlink already can do it, so I'll go with them anyway.

Do you know what stuff was changed during compliance?

geez they did a bad one there. maybe u should try n source some series 1 interior?

btw do u like the carbon on the dash :)

Not too fond of the carbon, but it beats the wood interior which was an option. If you were going for the VIP look, you'd have to swap the wood into it though :)

I really don't know what I'll do about the seats and carpet. I'll probably just live with it, but if someone wanted to swap I'd probably consider it.

EDIT: Actually, I probably wouldn't. The S1 interior isn't that nice either. It's just a hell of a lot better than the S2. Maybe I'll get leather or something done to it :rofl:

Have you got some pics of your car you could send me Silver_r33? I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of some local ones as it's a nightmare trying to fight the japanese sites and use babelfish :)

Sure, i'll take some pics tonight.

I've got the clear indicators, so does this make sense re: Xenons?

From memory what they changed with the compliance was:

* modified the front lights (somehow, unsure exactly)

* added repeater on front quarter panels (They look blocky and crap, you should chat to the compliance agent and see if you can specify which shape and type you can use, get clear ones with the orange bulbs as a preference if you're going to change the indicators too)

* cat converter was changed, including different pipe from dump to cat.

* rear lights were modified (again, unsure exactly)

* unleaded fuel filler

* stickers and handbooks

* _REMOVED_ fog lights (but i got some and put them back in, however the plugs were cut _completely_ off so i cant re-enable them easily)

HOWEVER, factory tint was kept which is great considering its the actual glass thats tinted!

Cool, thanks :)

The clear indicators are standard on Avantes I think. So that would indicate you have got different lights on there. Then again, lots of people just change the orange ones to clear anyway.

I just hope I can keep my xenons and S2 taillights.

With the side ones, I'll definitely see if I can supply them with a set.

Overall, it doesn't seem like much was changed during compliance.

That's very good to hear that they come with the actual glass tinted btw.

Sure, i'll take some pics tonight.

I've got the clear indicators, so does this make sense re: Xenons?

From memory what they changed with the compliance was:

* modified the front lights (somehow, unsure exactly)

* added repeater on front quarter panels (They look blocky and crap, you should chat to the compliance agent and see if you can specify which shape and type you can use, get clear ones with the orange bulbs as a preference if you're going to change the indicators too)

* cat converter was changed, including different pipe from dump to cat.

* rear lights were modified (again, unsure exactly)

* unleaded fuel filler

* stickers and handbooks

* _REMOVED_ fog lights (but i got some and put them back in, however the plugs were cut _completely_ off so i cant re-enable them easily)

HOWEVER, factory tint was kept which is great considering its the actual glass thats tinted!

Acutally, here are some pics of my car in Japan prior to getting on the big boat :)