SAU Community

88 Cefiro What to look for???? Help PLZ

Hey there guys & gals

I am hopefully picking up the cefiro in a few weeks time and was hoping i could get some sound advise on things to look for when inspecting it.

It seems to have a bit of drift setup on it (roll cage, exhaust etc) and seems to may of had a dorifto background.

Would you guys be able to recommend things / areas to look at on the car to ensure there is no serious issues with it! IE....engine bay...suspension...

I suppose just looking for advise from people who have picked up there Cefiro and what areas need to be inspected!

Many thanks in advance :)

Ando

All usual engine stuff like compression and leak down test. Pull off the air inlet check turbo for shaft play/scraping etc.

Change all oils/fluids and look for chunks of metal or shavings (I got about 50 grams from my gearbox don't worry :) ).

Dyno to make sure the tune/AFR is ok.

Wheel alignment + balance good idea but if you wanna keep it drifty make sure you write the settings you want down and take it to the place.

Suspension rubber etc .. check that. Exhaust manifold, looks for leaks etc.

Tighten your door hinges .. i hate when doors sag ;)

Make sure the cage is in securely, make sure your seat is in securely, make sure your engine is in securely.

I'm sure there are heaps more things but they would relate to any car..

CC - Thanks man....seriously i will have to drop by and check out your ceffie sometime and get the low down on ceffie's....you know i am going to be over there with a case of beer once i get the car asking for help :);)

I work @ Gordon so i am going past your area every day.

I'll PM my details so let us know if you need a pair of extra hands to help out with the ceffie......as i mentioned before...not the mechanic, but love getting my hands dirty on cars

:wassup:

Ando

Once my Ceffie (a.k.a. the purple people eater....yes it has been named :cheers:) gets here we will defo have to organise a cruise!!! Get to know the ppl and faces behind the Cefiro posse! lol

That's it.

Gordon heh my folks live at St Ives so yeah I'm fairly familiar with the area there.

No worries Ando thanks... unfortunately I don't know how to change a clutch or gearbox and that's the only MAJOR stuff comin up so I'm not sure :cheers:

Either way I'd be keen for a cruise when ya get your cef on the road.

Well when the ceffie is here i will count the # of cable ties and update you all :rofl: I suppose the less the better. She looks in good nick so hopefully it wont have that many *fingers crossed*

• 2 weeks later...

Ah the cable ties comp, My car so wins this... my drift ceffie came from japan with (these are the ones noticable. and we're not counting the ones that are in fact being used for their indended purpose, tieing cables.

2 holding front grill

4 big ones holding the oil cooler in + 2 metal brackets

4 holding the number plates on I have added the required screws.

10 holding various body kit components on.

3 holding a cold air funnel intake in place.

= 460 points

This is nothing to be proud of... If cable ties weren't invented my car would be in pieces. In fact most ceffies would be.

Although nothing has ever fallen off the car, and if it did I didn't know about it and ain't missing it!

uhm.

lol

you're all amateurs :P

4 headlights

2 grill

2 front bar

4 power steering pump

1 wastegate actuator pipe

4 cable ties for the rear bar

3 boost tube related purposes

3 holding air shield

5 CAI pipe

7 ECU

10+ holding various rb20 dodgy left over wiring in the engine bay etc

that's off the top of my head, but every day brings a new adventure :)