SAU Community

R32 boost sensor?

B0oStEr

I'm fitting an aftermarket boost gauge and was going to disconnect the factory one but I'm not sure if will affect anything else.

On the r32 GTSt is the boost sensor located high on the drivers side firewall just for the factory gauge or is it also used as an input to the ecu?

What input does the ecu use to sense overboost?

I also would like to know the answer to this question, as my standard boost gauge has been replaced by a 1.4bar mines one (r32 GTR) and it's not working..

Does anyone know the maximum value that this sensor can read? I don't mean the maximum the gauge can display, but the maximum the sensor can output.

-Patrick

mmm.. interesting ones aren't they. They are only on R32 era cars too..

I have disconnected mine totally and have not observed any ill effects.

I've basically connected my boost gauge into the factory plenum position at the back. Seems to work fine.

Boost sensor is only for the gauge in the R32 and R33...the one mid-mounted on the firewall of an R34 however controls fuel delivery and timing under boost, disconnecting that will make the car run like shite!

yep, the MAP sensor is only for the gauge on R32s. I believe it's a 2bar map sensor.

If anyone is removing it to fit an aftermarket gauge, can I buy it, because my map sensor is broken and I want to use it.

PM me.