SAU Community

Night cruise - 8th April

DJ984

Got my new rims yesterday so i am in Thinking i might meet up with the guys that are meeting a thornleigh first as at least i know how to get there.......

What time u thornleigh guys meeting?????

Cheers

Scott..

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i polished my car today so i spose i had better come.......

Got a white R32 gts-t with a GTR kit.... fooley sick

oh where is a good meetup spot that i can find.... im coming from the east and have no clue on how to get to thornleigh maccas? and western meetin spots or city ones?? im lost....

see u all there

ed

Someone SMS'd me today from SAU , and i rang the number back and i SWEAR i must of typed the number in wrong or something cause i got some non-English speaking persons ;) . I was talking about " oh its Bizzr from SAU , Are u coming to cruise " he had no idea wat i was on about . :) silly me hope i find out who it was then

im near bondi mate.... thats prob eaisest to find a route ;)

you guys have to see my fooley sick rice mod that i did thisavo while i was bored..... do do do rice rice baby.....

Ed

Ya westies are meetin @ rouse hill maccaz, the one near Ettamoga pub .

Then meeting 1 more just off M2 and pennet hills rd then off to Waitara.

I hope we do stop for some nice relax time :) be that food and drink or just a mingle for a while , im in no hurry really and i guess driving all the way there and bak would be pretty lame ;)

are there any plans to get food during the night? or should we turn up with a full stomach?!

hopefully either the pizza place or the fish and chip place in newport will still be open, but not sure. We can alway go for a maccas run...

Hey Ed. I live in north sydney if u wanna meet up b4 i can show u the way to waitara.

i think Hornsby Nissan is not that far from Waitara Maccas, its on the same road just a little further up.

I'll be there with my brother and his Black R32 GTST, so add me to the list also!

Ya westies are meetin @ rouse hill maccaz, the one near Ettamoga pub .  

Then meeting 1 more just off M2 and pennet hills rd then off to Waitara

Where abouts are you meeting "just off the M2"? And what time?

If all works out well tomorrow, me and the misses may tag along for this as well.

hopefully either the pizza place or the fish and chip place in newport will still be open, but not sure.  We can alway go for a maccas run...

Hey Ed. I live in north sydney if u wanna meet up b4 i can show u the way to waitara.

im there...

where to meet?

Ok.. I still haven't got my car back yet... its been at mechanic for 2 days now doing early 100,000K service... changing a hell lot of things... should be able to get it back today..... :goddam:

I'm going to be at Thornleigh Maccas at around 8:40

and head over to Waitara Maccas at around 8:55

Cruise or not will decide by then

So if anyone would like to meet at Thornleigh Maccas first

I'll be in a White R33 S2, be nice COME say HI to me...

Cheers

Sam

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Little more work!  Did some body work on the rear wheel arches and since the paint was a cheap spray job before figured I’d do something to tide me over until I wrap the car.    Colour might not be everyone’s choice but I like it and it’s only temporary, just hate having primer from the wheel arches standing out.    Keeping an eye out for a decent set of wheels to throw on now. Wheels and tires on the car are junk
    • Its likely to be 70% road 30% track usage, track usage will increase if anything. Decided not to fit it as I cant be arsed changing the bushes on my LCAs again 🤣 I did get the below back from GKTech though so they should work together     The anti-squat kit and roll center adjusters work independently since they change the rear lower control arm's angle in different ways. The anti-squat kit adjusts the angle from front to back, which impacts anti-squat values. Roll center adjusters change the angle side to side, mainly to correct geometry on cars that are significantly lowered. They might affect each other a tiny bit, but overall, you can think of them as separate.
    • What are you doing with the car? street car or race car? People get hung up on the squat of the s/r chassis rears. There is positives to the squat if a car is setup and driven correctly for it (correct ride height, spring rate, alignment, damper valving). Generally just lengthen the rear traction arm by 5-10mm and that will help the squat and bump steer too. You are also correct with the roll centre too. This too also needs to be adjustable if you start messing with suspension geometry.   Having done quiet a bit of testing on race cars this year in regards to rear squat, I've seen some big positives from it in regards to drive off corners and traction. 
    • I find I am using the MX5 for everything except long overnight cruises with Jackie, or, if picking up the kids to go somewhere, the SS has so much more room inside, and is much more comfortable if your going to be doing Hwy driving for 6-8 hours And the MX5 isn't bad in stop go traffic for a manual transmission car, whilst the clutch kit has been upgraded from stock, it is still light, and also not having a stupidly light flywheel in it helps as well, I've spent alot of time sitting on the M5, M4 and M7 stuck in traffic when plodding around the Greater Sydney Region in it Another benefit is MX5's are not really a car that gets stolen, you can pretty much park it anywhere, and it will still be there when you return
    • I can totally get why you like it for that sort of commute. I was thinking BoganDore because it's such a lazy drive, for things like stop start traffic.   I used to do over an hour in stop start shit from one side of Bris to the next, twice a day. My choice of car was larger displacement, with an auto. Basically for torque in low rpm/very low speed, and no clutch pedal. But loved a fun manual for the weekends, which the partner has (plus had the LandCruiser too for other fun drives). I now have an EV as a work car, and I tell ya what, ultimate daily driver, especially if youre out of energy, like I often am after work. I don't even need to touch the brake pedal   That said, I'm presently rebuilding the Liberty GTB to get it setup for weekend drives and track abuse! So small high revving turbo engine with 6 speed cog swapper!   But for your style of commute, I'd probably take the MX5 too!   For those choices, I'm ignoring fuel economy. Because I know how atrocious V8 daily life is for fuel from when I used to daily a manual SS, ha ha. Hence why I know I love the daily rumble of a V8