SAU Community

Night cruise - 8th April

DJ984

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's that's Giant Wing on the back of the car.... :)

I'm thinking they couldn't work out why a shopping trolley was at maccas... :P hehe

I'm still buzzing from that cruise. That was my first Skyline cruise. :P

One thing that stands out in my mind is the sight of 20+ Skylines on Pennant Hills road. All those round tail lights. The night echoing with PSSCCCHHTTT'S. Felt like

something out of a movie. I actually turned off my stereo. The sound of all the cars was enough music for me.

Despite the rattle inducing bumpiness of that twisty back road that section was actually quite fun. I loved the noise. Coming up to a tight corner, I'd be going down through the gears and then I'd hear the blow off valves of the cars behind me, one by one doing the same thing. Truly amazing.

I wish I had had a video camera.

Generally the whole cruise was good. The group that I was with were nice and sedate once we hit Newport (good thing), all the way through to Palm. But then at Palm these idiots in Commodores came through, rev'ing and generally being di(kheads. One then proceeded to be really f'ing stupid. Anyway, that made us head back to Newport. If anything I think those idiots made the cops just that much more suspicious of us. No matter what you do it looks like some moron will spoil the fun.

Anyway, thanks again to the orgainser of this cruise. :P

As for the next cruise :)

Track Day anyone???? :D

And as far as windy roads go there's some great ones on the central coast... heaps windy and 80kph unless they've dropped the speed... i mean you might even have to use ur breaks on the corners??? (probably not)...

And yeah soz about the technical ****up with the camera... I think i'm getting a new camera... ($%$#%!@ sony $@#@#$ memory stick @#$@#$!!)

But yeah... bigger meeting point, and I rekon what we should do is get to somewhere and line up all the cars (actually get some ppl to direct the drivers so we don't have 3m gaps between the cars) and take a few photos... (case of how many skylines can we get in a photo and even colour coordinate it)

Guys that was an awesome night... GREAT turn out, and besides the whole "I'm a wanker copper on a power trip" incident at maccas, all went smoothly...

I heard the only casualty's where Liz with her little bumpage on the way to the meet point and something about some people goin thru a red light?...

Anyway, thanks to all for coming, sorry i didn't really get to meet you all... I'll have to have a sit down and thing about planning another eh...? :D SImon's got some good suggestions there I can take into account :)

Cheers guys,

And if anyone has pics... POST EM UP!!!! :)

Dave.

Yep definateley a fun night, can't wait to do it again.

If people want more twisties maybe 'bells line of road' richmond to katoomba! it has everything a driving enthusiest would want!

hahaha... what shao said!!!  and where were you sl0bo!!!  yeahh thats right!!  sooo slow we left you in lanecove! :D

hey doughboy!  was brett your biatch for the night??

Yeah I had Brett for the night, must have been good he even got me breakfast! :)

Half tank of fuel : $20

Pizza at Lucky's: $15

Bu5ter yelling at Shan while he had a nap on the side of the road: Priceless

If only we had a digi cam! The first time I "met" Brett he was threatening to smack me one, and I thought there is no way this mountain man is getting within 5 km of me.. hehe. Scary much!

i was like petrified when I saw this menacing looking bald man yelling gibberish outside my window.... definitely NOT how I like to be woken up :D

good fun tho... thoroughly enjoyed the nite.

that was awesome,ill be abit modified next time.

GTRUSH looks heaps good,i like it!

met sum nice ppl too.

Cheerin,i even made it in 1 of those pics from waitara:)

cheers 2 who took the pic!

I heard the only casualty's where Liz with her little bumpage on the way to the meet point and something about some people goin thru a red light?...

ah yes...some lady cut me off and hit my front guard right infront of a RBT and drove off! Cops just stared at us...grrr. I tracked her down but. Not much damage thank goodness...i was still upset! lol

good cruise tho!

BRING ON THE BELLS LINE OF ROAD (or whatever it is!)

i have to agree with every1 elses comments here :D

Was a tops night i had heaps of fun, meetin neew peeps and talking a bunch of jibba :)

And i saw alot of commitment from ppl just to get there :), that guy from melbourne who came to the cruise cause he was in syd for the night lol .

I will never get over the line of skylines heading down to Newport , Liners all the way front and back . What a sight to see. I hope we all had fun and remember some new faces .

Cant wait for Bells Line Cruise .. See yaz there .

Look out for me with my biggass turbo upgrade

i was like petrified when I saw this menacing looking bald man yelling gibberish outside my window.... definitely NOT how I like to be woken up :)

good fun tho... thoroughly enjoyed the nite.

Dead set it was the near the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Little more work!  Did some body work on the rear wheel arches and since the paint was a cheap spray job before figured I’d do something to tide me over until I wrap the car.    Colour might not be everyone’s choice but I like it and it’s only temporary, just hate having primer from the wheel arches standing out.    Keeping an eye out for a decent set of wheels to throw on now. Wheels and tires on the car are junk
    • Its likely to be 70% road 30% track usage, track usage will increase if anything. Decided not to fit it as I cant be arsed changing the bushes on my LCAs again 🤣 I did get the below back from GKTech though so they should work together     The anti-squat kit and roll center adjusters work independently since they change the rear lower control arm's angle in different ways. The anti-squat kit adjusts the angle from front to back, which impacts anti-squat values. Roll center adjusters change the angle side to side, mainly to correct geometry on cars that are significantly lowered. They might affect each other a tiny bit, but overall, you can think of them as separate.
    • What are you doing with the car? street car or race car? People get hung up on the squat of the s/r chassis rears. There is positives to the squat if a car is setup and driven correctly for it (correct ride height, spring rate, alignment, damper valving). Generally just lengthen the rear traction arm by 5-10mm and that will help the squat and bump steer too. You are also correct with the roll centre too. This too also needs to be adjustable if you start messing with suspension geometry.   Having done quiet a bit of testing on race cars this year in regards to rear squat, I've seen some big positives from it in regards to drive off corners and traction. 
    • I find I am using the MX5 for everything except long overnight cruises with Jackie, or, if picking up the kids to go somewhere, the SS has so much more room inside, and is much more comfortable if your going to be doing Hwy driving for 6-8 hours And the MX5 isn't bad in stop go traffic for a manual transmission car, whilst the clutch kit has been upgraded from stock, it is still light, and also not having a stupidly light flywheel in it helps as well, I've spent alot of time sitting on the M5, M4 and M7 stuck in traffic when plodding around the Greater Sydney Region in it Another benefit is MX5's are not really a car that gets stolen, you can pretty much park it anywhere, and it will still be there when you return
    • I can totally get why you like it for that sort of commute. I was thinking BoganDore because it's such a lazy drive, for things like stop start traffic.   I used to do over an hour in stop start shit from one side of Bris to the next, twice a day. My choice of car was larger displacement, with an auto. Basically for torque in low rpm/very low speed, and no clutch pedal. But loved a fun manual for the weekends, which the partner has (plus had the LandCruiser too for other fun drives). I now have an EV as a work car, and I tell ya what, ultimate daily driver, especially if youre out of energy, like I often am after work. I don't even need to touch the brake pedal   That said, I'm presently rebuilding the Liberty GTB to get it setup for weekend drives and track abuse! So small high revving turbo engine with 6 speed cog swapper!   But for your style of commute, I'd probably take the MX5 too!   For those choices, I'm ignoring fuel economy. Because I know how atrocious V8 daily life is for fuel from when I used to daily a manual SS, ha ha. Hence why I know I love the daily rumble of a V8