SAU Community

Insurance And Road Worthiness

Im looking at getting Insurance through Just Cars for my R32 GTR after a lengthy rebuild.... basically have 2 questions.

1) Is Just Cars any good? Anyone had hassles with claims?

2) My car has HKS turbos, 700cc injectors and APEXi PFC. Just Cars requires your car to be road worthy and legal. I will use my PFC only for track days, and use my stock ECU for day-day driving.... however, its not so easy to swap over my 700cc injectors.

By having larger injectors, does this make my car unroadworthy or illegal (obviously emissions will have changed significantly)? Are boost controllers legal? Wat is everybodys stance on this in order to ensure if any claims are required, it all happens smoothly.

I rang Just Cars a little while back to discuss some of my latest mods and they informed me very clearly:

"Just cars can not determine what is a legal modification on your car as it varies in each state. YOU are completely responsible for ensuring all modifications are legal in your state."

Although this raises the question of what happens when an accident occurs and a mod is found not to be legal that Just Cars knew about....