SAU Community

upgrading turbo, need help!!!!!!

hey all,

i was just wondering will a t3 turbocharger off r33 skyline bolt directly up to a r32 skyline with a silver top rb20det????

and what power could u expect to make using one of these turbo???

also what other turbo are a direct bolt up to a rb20det????

any help would b good

thanks

matt.

stock rb25 turbo made 192rwkw @ 10 psi only+safc, or can be up to 210rwkw with pfc, still have a bit room to grow..., eg bump up an extra 1 or 2 psi.

Standard series 2 RB20s can make around 250rwhp with standard turbos on 1bar. With a FMIC + Full exhaust system of course... some on here have dyno sheets to prove this (posted recently).

Im guessing with a rb25 turbo you could make anywhere up to 270-280rwhp.

What are the HKS GT2530s good for hp wise? Can anyone recommend a turbo that will suit around 320rwhp? And how much wud this cost?

quincy you need to you your dump pipe.. your loosing power big time from the factory dumpipe/front pipe :) you'll have boost come on earlier and harder

rb25 turbo is a bit laggy on rb20's so i've found out i dont get full boost(10psi) untill 4000rpm.. bump that to 14psi and i dont get full boost untill 4300 so yer.. it gives the rb20 a nice strong topend which stock turbo lacks (pulls hard right to 8000rpm)

That late??

The thing spools at like 2,500rpm on my dads r33 (full zorst, FMIC, 10psi)

Its the least laggy thing ive driven so i thought it wudnt be too bad if u put it on an rb20, well not 4,000rpm bad... i was thinkin full boost at like 3,700ishrpm (dependin on gear).

Good to know it pulls all the way to 8,000rpm not that u do that or anything :) hehe