SAU Community

girlfriends and cars.

Guest Mashrock

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm thats not really true....girls who like cars still complain sometimes.

Like Kel, who hurt her back lifting an rb26 block yesterday, she's still complaining :cheers:

Ouch

(yes I'm still complaining)

"kris, sometimes i think you love your car more than you love me"

Hey i was just woundering what blow of valve you have on your car and

how you set it up becouse it doesnt looke like its plumb back.

my car always stalls if the blow of valve isnt plumb back so its currently running the standard factory blow of valve.

thanks

marco

i get the " its just a car" my reply is always like - just a car?!?!?!? JUST A CAR!?!?!?!? lol

i also get the - "you love cars more than me"

whenever i start talking and rambling bout cars, she sorta just switches off and stares into space, haha :cheers:

i wonder what shes gonna be like when i actually buy my own 'line in the next month or so??? hehe

When my girlfriend entered my life, she knew cars was my number one passion. She also knew not to try and compete with it.

She is actually a bit of a hoon herself. She bought a Silvia for her second car and really like driving my GTR. Whilst I was away overseas she even got the car sideways with my Mum in it to show her how the ATTESA works (on my request.)

She enjoys my hobby and even understands why I need to spend $1000 on dump pipes.

She's so cool.

When I was looking at buying my skyline...my gf was trying to get me to buy a commodore wagon cause it was "MORE PRACTICAL"

....I said no F'ing way!...

When I picked her up from work for the first time in my brand new purchase....she couldn't keep the grin off her face the whole way home.

If your gf knows your a good driver and they bitch off about should of bought a more practical car etc etc, or a camry or something. Just dive into the whoosh and see the smile on their face. NOTHING like watching them squirm when you hit boost and hey, it's quicker to do this and please them then it is to have them in bed :rofl:

my g/f is in yr. 12 and she comes home some days and is all excited to tell me about how "some guys were talking about cars and they didnt know what they were talking about and then one of them said something realllly stupid so i corrected him".

Thats exacilly the same as my girl friend, except now shes at uni and 2 hours away, so i get plenty of time to work on the car! She suprises me all the time with how much she knows, she just listens when i talk to my mates and always wants to attend the drift meets when ever possible!

her dream car is an S15 (which suits me fine), and she loves to drive the skyline....but my stereo just wasnt put in for destinys child music cranked up to the MAX!!!

my current girl loves to drive my 32.

only people that have ever driven it apart from me are my dad and her only thing is she complains that its too bumpy.

she's a primary school teacher and the kids always talk about skyline's so she mentions i have one and she notices alot of the time that the naughty boys in the class behave alot better.

My girlfriend wants a skyline, and will get one soon. She does not mind me working on mine as she knows I enjoy it and figures that she will have a mechanic to service her car! haha

Thing is.. I spent alot of time with my girlfriend.. Thats the idea of a relationship. She is more important than the car, but everyone has hobbies and thats what you need to accept about your partner.

if your girlfriend is winging that you dont spend time with her then perhaps you dont..

*starting to sound like Dr Phil*

my missus is cool with me and my car. She doesn't really like it when i spend time on the car when she's around, but apart from that she says nothing. She knows that its my baby.

She doesn't understand why i spend so much $$$ on it tho....

Like i say to her, the car will be here in 2 years, will you?

My GF is really good company and quite technically knowledgeable when it comes to chatting about performance cars. She kept me company through my previous R32 GTS-t engine swap and kindly bought me out sandwiches and cold drinks daily ;)

She previously owned an R33 GTS25t, sadly wrote it off.... Drifting (can't say I know to many girls that like stepping out sideways at 80km/hr) :Oops:

39eu.jpg

But yeah, I think many girls these days are pretty switched on with cars and that's a great thing for us guys.

Be interesting when I give her a wrap in the R :rofl: