SAU Community

Dont Wanna Get Ya 'line Stolen ?

smok74

Guys, I recently had my R33 broken into at a shopping centre carpark and almost had it stolen, they got as far as the key barrel so another 2 minutes and I swear it would've been gone! ....Just to let you guys know how they got in.

They struck the anti-carjack button (located on the drivers door) for the passenger door with a long object which they managed to wedge through the top of the drivers door/glass. It's obvious that they've done this before 'cause there was minimal damage to the car.

Either way. I think disabling this switch is a good idea.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont be down on him ! im glad i know about it now ! so i can fix mine..

look if they are going to steal a car... they are going to try doing it anyway... be it by this method or breaking a window.....

thanks for that smok74 !

Guys, I recently had my R33 broken into at a shopping centre carpark and almost had it stolen, they got as far as the key barrel so another 2 minutes and I swear it would've been gone! ....Just to let you guys know how they got in.

They struck the anti-carjack button (located on the drivers door) for the passenger door with a long object which they managed to wedge through the top of the drivers door/glass. It's obvious that they've done this before 'cause there was minimal damage to the car.

Either way. I think disabling this switch is a good idea.

hat the hell is an anti car jack button

its so easy to break into a skyline hehe, i locked my keys in mine in a shopping centre i was there for about 3-4 mins breaking in lol first time id done it.. and several people walked past and joined in, i even got some young asian guys to help me and my friends!! no cops showed up or nothing drove off in my car no one said a thing!!

its so easy  to break into a skyline hehe, i locked my keys in mine in a shopping centre i was there for about 3-4 mins breaking in lol first time id done it.. and several people walked past and joined in, i even got some young asian guys to help me and my friends!! no cops showed up or nothing drove off in my car no one said a thing!!

are we saying something about asians?? Cough cough lol just playing..

yeah i did the same thing WITH MY ENGINE RUNNING!!!

being asian and wif a few of my mates there tryin to get into it no one even sussed us out..

took about 5 mins, there more ppl willing to help than stopping to question us if it was our car or not..

if i saw a few guys covered wif tattoos tryin to get into a car it's 000 straight away.. my 2 cents :thumbsup:

Guys.. dont beat up on him.. Any half decent car theif is going to know about this switch and how to exploit it..

Disable the switch so that way these car thieves wont be able to steal your car. It takes all of 10 minutes to do!

Yes for sure. This was one of the first things i looked out for. But rather than disable it(cause i find it useful), i've put like a missile switch cover on it. Also disable the remote boot by pushing the latch down in the boot. Makes it harder for your amps to get flogged. And always always use the clublock. I know sometimes you think its pointless cause everyone says that they can be gotten around and sometimes we just can't be arsed, but when you see your car gone, u will definitely kick yourself.

Oh yeah, and don't EVER fool yourself to think your immobiliser is going to be enough. This is not piece of mind. Even if it was the ultimate unstartable, they will still try, and u will be left with a 1-300 dollars job to fix the damage. Visual deterrents go a long way.

a) I think there are good ones and bad ones.. the good ones work alot better

B) (If you have a good immobiliser/alarm) If you get your regular idiot who thinks they can break a window and force the ignition barrel to start your car a club lock might save you alot of damage.

c) (if you have no alarm) It will slow them down and cause more noise.

(and the down point)

d) (If you have a good immobiliser/alarm) It gives the impression that you are putting trust in the club lock to secure your car... so people might think all they need to do is bust a window, break your lock, and force the ignition when infact its the immobiliser which is secureing your car... so you end up with more damage but your car is still there.

I remember i borrowed my mums car years ago when i was having a clutch redone in my old pulsar. put a club lock on and went into work. came back and relised the key for the club lock was on the key ring with my car... and the spare was in the ash tray of my car.... :Oops: but with a twist and a pull i could lower the clucb lock 1 notch. a few attempts and she was off. 2 minutes work :uhh:

I remember i borrowed my mums car years ago when i was having a clutch redone in my old pulsar. put a club lock on and went into work. came back and relised the key for the club lock was on the key ring with my car... and the spare was in the ash tray of my car.... :Oops:   but with a twist and a pull i could lower the clucb lock 1 notch. a few attempts and she was off. 2 minutes work  :uhh:

A better way is to put it on backwards, i.e behind the steering wheel, rather than infront, the guts of the clublock should be up against the steering wheel hub, so much tighter fit. If you can force the notches then get rid of it, it is broken. Get one with lock pins(like the ones in gym equipment seats).

I Disabled this switch after some helpful advice from my engine tuner Matt "hitman", apparently this switch is how his skyline was broken into.....

If you cut the brown wire under the door control pannel leading to the switch, you will still have the functionality to lock the passengers door, but not unlock it.

Cheers

Yeah, i always turn the club lock back the front so the barrel faces the dash. The Bast#$ds hit the barrel with a slide hammer, makes it pretty awkward if between wheel and dash.

Also bought a good quality wheel clamp (if Going away or something) "keep-it-clamp -it" are the best, looks pretty bad but the car is still were you left it. Can never be too careful these days!!!!

yeah ive got an alarm and a 3 point but the more security the better. im just justifying the fact of going out and spending $100 on a "good" club lock that will get removed in a few secconds...

BTW what is this little switch ur all talking bout? i dont get it.