SAU Community

Dont Wanna Get Ya 'line Stolen ?

smok74

does a club lock really do much ? cant they just be broken in like 2 secends ?
(If you have a good immobiliser/alarm) It gives the impression that you are putting trust in the club lock to secure your car... so people might think all they need to do is bust a window, break your lock, and force the ignition when infact its the immobiliser which is secureing your car... so you end up with more damage but your car is still there.

when i was living up in brisbane i had my skyline parked next to my friends slivia up in a enclosed car park as wed gone into the shopping centre and gone a while, my car had no alarm and a clublock, his car had no clublock and an immobaliser, his car got stolen mine didnt get touched and mine is a much nicer looking car!(his was a bit chatty)

it is easier/less sus/quiet to disable an immobaliser/alarm then bust a club lock, obviously if ur in a car trying to hacksaw through a club look people will notice.

here is my tip any way, try putting on 2 clublocks, one on the front and one on the back, people wont even try :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ive got an alarm and a 3 point but the more security the better. im just justifying the fact of going out and spending $100 on a "good" club lock that will get removed in a few secconds...

BTW what is this little switch ur all talking bout? i dont get it.

They talkin bout the little switch on the driver side door that let's you lock and unlock the passenger side door

BTW I've got rain deflectors on my windows, would this be enough to stop a car thief doing what they did with Smok74's car?

people say club locks are just letting others know that uve got no alarm and have no confidence in the cars security.

Well IMO the more security the better, can never be safe with idiots around. atleast if sum1 breaks into ur car they cant steal ur deck easily, its a freaking pain lol

the rain deflectors can be pulled off so easily

just on the club lock vs alarm note, my bro inlaw had a hyundai exel show car (dont laugh it ran a flat 14 non turbo and was actually a nice example with a cyber bod kit etc) any ways some one tried to break into his car at westfields parramatta got past his alarm etc ready to go but couldnt get the club lock off :rofl:

If only they invented a force field for your car, THAT would be handy in stoppin tha theivin pricks, an especially to stop my car gettin dented by 4WD doors in the parking lot!

Until then I guess the Immobiliser and the Clublock will have to do

ummm, just to get a full understanding of this......the thiefs hit the button inside the car (next to the power window switches) or is there some other sort of switch inside the door? Like whatever it is that locks the passenger door when you get to 25 k/hr? :headspin:

I agree with using a clublock as well as the alarm...i'm sure the clublock and blinking red light would turn away most theifs.

Guys, I recently had my R33 broken into at a shopping centre carpark and almost had it stolen, they got as far as the key barrel so another 2 minutes and I swear it would've been gone! ....Just to let you guys know how they got in.

They struck the anti-carjack button (located on the drivers door) for the passenger door with a long object which they managed to wedge through the top of the drivers door/glass. It's obvious that they've done this before 'cause there was minimal damage to the car.

Either way. I think disabling this switch is a good idea.

We're all talking about this switch. The one with the key on it.

CRW_0732_Small_.JPG

I've shaped some plastic and stuck the plastic either side of the switch. Switch disabled now too

I have one of those PAGER ALARMS, its made by Viper alarm systems are these any good?????? It has the remote start and all the rest of the bling, just wondering if they are any good for stoping theives??????

If you haven't disabled the above switch, then even with the alarm people will still be able to unlock your passenger door and get in in under a minute, without breaking anything.

Hey all...

I recently read some article....Not sure what it was from but anyhow...

The alarm system was OVERKILL !!!

There was:

= Noise sensors on the windows(Incase they break it)

= Fuel Cut out Fuse (Has its own relay Hidden in the car)

= Vehicle Movement Sensors

= Code Activation to Start car

= Inside Movement Sensor

Best of all Smoke Activation if any of these Triggers sets off the alarm...

I.E (YOUR CAR BECOMES A SMOKE BOMB!!! No Smell or Marks left, last for about 3 min...Im sure someone will be alarmed...

Didn't have a price with the article but from what it sounds like $$$$$

I want it!!!

what if you accidently set it off?

Didn't say about that...

I guess you have to extra care....

They people who made it must have taken that into consideratiion...

Who knows ???

hey guyz...can any one tell me how good is a "BRANDT NEMESIS" alarm immobiliser system which also has a keypad entry thing??? Is it any good??? also wat other things/options would you suggest other than wats been mentioned already! Plz let us kno, really worried abt ma skyline after reading abt all these thefts happenin around in sydney! Thanks guyz...

• 2 weeks later...

i just put some bluetac on the inside of the switch so you cant move it unless you put alot of pressure on it, i doubt they could move the switch with the thing they use to get into the car but i may be wrong :rofl:

only bad part is it looks dodgy having bluetac there, need blacktac.

just stick something thats not to visible that can puncture tyres under one or more of your tyres, if they take off with your car they will be doing it with flat tyres :)

of course you clear it away when you come back to your car :P

if a car wobblying about with 4 flats doesnt attract attention then nothing will :P