SAU Community

help - puller needed

Jaystar

hey guys

i have just had my head off my rb20det due to it leaking and had it machined etc and put new gaskets and things on.

but at the time of removing it the puller we had did not fit to take the bottom pulley off to see the timing marks. It kept hitting on the condensor. Therefore we zip tied the timing belt to the cam pulley so that it would stay in the same spot. not thinking at the time that when we get the head back that they would have moved the cams to tdc.

So now i cant line the cam gear up and the crank isnt on tdc.

So i need a puller of some sort to get the bottom pulleys off so i can see the timing marks. i have tried a screw driver on either side to try and work it loose with no luck.

If anyone has a puller i can borrow just to get the pulley off as i am on holidays and need my car back. Otherwise you can remove it for me if you are willing to come out here. All help appreciated or advice on doing this any other way or if i can do it without taking pulleys off.

Help me out please all and i wont forget it

i am on the northside of brisbane

thanx

Jason

The one I used when I changed my timing belt was about $20 from sprint auto, looks like a crows foot..

I used my Rattle gun and a extension to undo the puller though.

You also need two long 8mm high tensile bolts, and two BIG washers, with small holes in them for the 8mm bolts. These bolt the puller to the Harmonic balancer, and the rattle gun does up the pullers bolt that pushes into the crank shaft.

This is all well and good, but to do it, you need the radiator out, and the A/C condensor. Once they're out, 'tis a piece of cake :D

Might swell do the water pump, timing belt and thermostat whilst shes all apart, for piece of mind ;)

Steve