SAU Community

2 Free slabs anyone?

Husky33

Hey guys,

I need my timing belt changed. I've bought one and i have it's gettin put in on friday for a bit more than i'd like. So if anyone is willing enough to spend some of their time and know what they're doin, i'll give ya 2 free slabs or cash equivalent :D

Doing a timing belt on a 33 is no easy task, especially without the right tools. Ring around and get it done at a w/shop.

My Mechanic:

EAS performance

Tel: 9330 2001

Add: 11 Victory Str/Rd, Airport West (near Tullamarine)

I have been going to Vic for the last 3 years without any drama. A few of my mates also use him and have found his work to be of a high standard.

i know skylinegeoff is very helpful on the forums to fellow members...and he is experienced from what i have read here although i never met him personally...

if u ask him nicely perhaps he may help out.

timing belt is an easy job....the only special tool needed is a balancer puller and its about $20...and there ARE certain shops i wouldnt be taking it to....for fear of been lied to and torn a new arse in the bill department...what area are you in?

I'm in the southeastern suburbs....i think i'll take it to this workshop i know of. He seems to know a fair bit about imports....anyway just for the timing belt he has quoted me a minimum of $280 to change, me providing the timing belt. He said it could go up to around 310 if something was rusted and hard to get off or something, meh i dont know, but he seemed to know what he was talkin bout

Cheers dudes,

SImon

Good luck if you can get the bolt undone. I used a 2 metre poll a hammer and some rachet straps to hold the balancer whilst it was in gear and the brakes were on and it was done up bloody tight. Read the manual to see what its done up to 270ft pounds or something like that.

You lot are limp. Ever see a real mechanic at work? We use a half inch breaker bar, an extension pipe and wedge it against the chassis rail, then use the starter motor :D I do have a tool I made to make it easier if that don't work though.

I have had bolts at 1000 foot pounds on my old Mack truck that took some sweat out of me. 270 is like lifting a slab of beer. It's all in the way you hold your tongue :D

Sorry but I'm not doing any work for anyone at the moment. Too busy getting ready to sell the house so I can "punch out" of Victoria for good. (caught up with some jet jockey mates during the airshow so adopting new cool additions to my vocab, still concerned at a helo pilot using that one though...talk about mental images of slice and dice)

While it is apart I recommend the idler and tensioner pulleys be changed. Do a search for the thread that details it all.

Why not give the boys at chasers a call>? They just moved shop to near footscray (end of dynon road next to toyota dealership) so its probably a bit out of the way, but they do good work and its all guaranteed.

Call Benny - 0433 184 724. He's a bit of a smart arse but he does good work.