SAU Community

Intercooler kits imported

Re: Feedback on this kit

I've installed this kit (with the blue piping) on my R33, overall i'm pretty happy with it (for the given price). AFAIK quality of both cooler and piping is excellent, and i have no qualms in offering my recommendation.

A few points

- Timewise, it was about 6 hours to complete.

- You seem to have to cut a significant amount of the fan blades off (definately my biggest concern)

- The R33 SII did not require any cutting or bending of the chassis rails as per the install guide.

- Cutting the hole under the washer bottle is fairly simple, as the metal is thinner than i would have expected and there is plenty of room to move in there with the front bar and inner guard plastic off.

- The cooler fit into existing bolt holes as solid and precise.

- The 2.5" hose clamps are a bastard to work with, i actually resorted to using to original ones off the stock piping

- Bit of a bummer is the std airbox snorkel section no longer fits on past the return pipe, so i have to work out something for that part, probably a cold air feed of some description.

- There is no nipple on the return pipe that u can attach a vacuum tube from to go to the boost control solenoid. That is why the red tube is supplied, to pick up vacuum from another source. I got a brass nipple from auto pro and bolted it into the return pipe basically so i could ensure that i was getting the correct boost "signal" for the boost control/wastegate actuator. Works well no detectable leaks...

All up, i'm pretty happy with the kit especially for that price.

Rob

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Well given that these are designed for proper circuit racing guys and made from genuine carbon you would be correct in assuming this
    • Yeah think they don’t make carbon fiber ones unfortunately 
    • That’s sick but I have a feeling really expensive … 
    • well, no luck again.😞 I got home after work and took the entire system off, intake, intercooler, all piping , connections, turbo elbows etc., inspected everything. Everything that makes up the intake, turbo and exhaust system , manifold intake and exhaust, all nuts were present and tight, all gaskets looked like they were sealing fine, I find no cracks, loose fittings, restriction, leaks, nothing.... I reinstalled it all test drove, same hair dryer/leaf blower sound anytime I give it throttle, and we are talking half to 3/4 throttle, and under 3k rpm's , as with this noise and it being new to me I wanted to make sure everything is good before I push it, or drive it aggressively.  then I swapped out the 50/50 aftermarket bov for the stock 100 percent recirculation version, another test drive, same exact sound. (except no "ppsssh" sound when I let of throttle.)... I wish I had a stock intake to try as it does have a Apexi intake on it and I wonder if this is causing the loud whooshing sound. I also did a few more various leak pressure tests , 5, 10 and 15 psi and found no leaks in the system. wastegate push rod seems to be moving correctly and is connected as well. turbine wheel seems to be smooth ,stable, intact and very little to no play.  Still seems like a lot of hesitation and low power, doubt I could get rear tires to even spin, I expected a lot more punch based on what I have heard and seen with these 25 neo turbo engines. I have never seen or heard one in person, but can't imagine this is correct. I am going to try to see if I can get a much better video of this sound 
    • i ordered a head gasket test kit to make sure its not that. I could test the injectors and Coilpacks by unplugging them and see if the idle Changes?  Id check for A vacume leak by spraying break clean and see if the idle changes?  i have an endoscope for checking the valves.  What can i do to check Ringlands.  Have I forgotten any test i should do? I'll upload a video of the idle later after work/charging the battery