SAU Community

Intercooler kits imported

Re: Feedback on this kit

I've installed this kit (with the blue piping) on my R33, overall i'm pretty happy with it (for the given price). AFAIK quality of both cooler and piping is excellent, and i have no qualms in offering my recommendation.

A few points

- Timewise, it was about 6 hours to complete.

- You seem to have to cut a significant amount of the fan blades off (definately my biggest concern)

- The R33 SII did not require any cutting or bending of the chassis rails as per the install guide.

- Cutting the hole under the washer bottle is fairly simple, as the metal is thinner than i would have expected and there is plenty of room to move in there with the front bar and inner guard plastic off.

- The cooler fit into existing bolt holes as solid and precise.

- The 2.5" hose clamps are a bastard to work with, i actually resorted to using to original ones off the stock piping

- Bit of a bummer is the std airbox snorkel section no longer fits on past the return pipe, so i have to work out something for that part, probably a cold air feed of some description.

- There is no nipple on the return pipe that u can attach a vacuum tube from to go to the boost control solenoid. That is why the red tube is supplied, to pick up vacuum from another source. I got a brass nipple from auto pro and bolted it into the return pipe basically so i could ensure that i was getting the correct boost "signal" for the boost control/wastegate actuator. Works well no detectable leaks...

All up, i'm pretty happy with the kit especially for that price.

Rob

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic