SAU Community

dutton rally !! this weekend

giant

hi guys

just thought you might like to know the dutton rally is on in queensland this weekend, starts friday!

quick run down is

friday at willowbank on various circuits then back to gold coast in the afternoon

for a bit of car park fun at the spit car park.

saturday is at mt cotton facility and mt cotton hill climb then back to the

broadwater carpark in the afternoon for more fun.

sunday is at darlington park and holden driver training centre.

there should be some nice cars there!!

i will be driving a green/blue r32 gtr, so we will see if we can give the porsches

a touch up.

cheers russell

I was cruising around the area about 5'ish and didn't see any of the cars that woke me up at 8:00 this morning as they screamed out of the Mariott's car park..

Weren't they meant to be back on the coast this arvo??? having some car park fun???

was good fun, a mate of mine is racing his porche, so I got to go in and look at all the cars close up, talk to the drivers and promo girls (THE BEST PART LOL).....some seriously nice porches, ferarri's etc..not to mention that gtr is tough !!! Going out again tommorow might take the digi cam if i can find the charger...

was good fun, a mate of mine is racing his porche, so I got to go in and look at all the cars close up, talk to the drivers and promo girls (THE BEST PART LOL).....some seriously nice porches, ferarri's etc..not to mention that gtr is tough !!! Going out again tommorow might take the digi cam if i can find the charger...

These Promo girls ??? ( How did these get taken ??? )

I went over to DP for a little while today... Interesting stuff... No pics as the camera shat itself... :(

Interesting stuf I saw:

A turbocharged petrol 4.5L Landcruiser with car wheels and tyres...

A twin turbocharged Porsche Cayenne with 22" wheels...

A Toyoto Prius (electric hybrid car) in full rally spec...

Many, many 996 911 Porsches (turbo, GT3, GT2, etc)... They were very nice ;)

A few Lancer Evo 7s...

A multitude of WRXs...

A couple of Lotii... (Elise, Exige)...

A single 32 GTR...

A Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale with the biggest ***** of a driver I have ever seen... The Landcruiser beat him! :(

Just got back from holden performance whatsi, had to follow these slow bastards out there (insert pic porches) and had a good look at some awe inspiring cars (insert pic of cars) and saw this R31 looking good mate.

That land cruiser has low profile tyres scary though it may seem it did ok!

These Promo girls ??? ( How did these get taken ??? )

they were cool, I was talking to them for a while.....but I'm actually talking about the "sexpo" ones as they were more hmmm how do I say "spirited" about showing off their "assets" :P So that was your GTR that was racing? Very nice...you had a bit of a troublesome weekend though, gearbox, exhaust etc....not to mention at mt cotton with the steel wool...oh well all in the fun of it, I guess. Was a very entertaining event, and seeing my mate race, has inspired me and his brother to enter in next years event.....the only remaining question is what to race..

.....but I'm actually talking about the "sexpo" ones as they were more hmmm how do I say "spirited" about showing off their "assets" :P

LOL- we had the Sexpo Chicks at the NSW Dutton last year- they had photos with all the male drivers but took off pretty quick when it came to having one with me :confused:

Nice pics! What were the results?

they were cool, I was talking to them for a while.....but I'm actually talking about the "sexpo" ones as they were more hmmm how do I say "spirited" about showing off their "assets" :P So that was your GTR that was racing? Very nice...you had a bit of a troublesome weekend though, gearbox, exhaust etc....not to mention at mt cotton with the steel wool...oh well all in the fun of it, I guess. Was a very entertaining event, and seeing my mate race, has inspired me and his brother to enter in next years event.....the only remaining question is what to race..

Wasn't my GTR, I wish!!!

I'm waiting for the right time to pick up my GTR.

Firstly, Do you know anyone that wants a stock GTST ??? (hard to come by :D) (Insert shameless plug here :))

P.S - Did anyone get some photos from the other Dutton events?? (including the Sexpo girls ;):D:D)

Here's our pics from NSW 2004:

http://www.hgeconsulting.com.au/Dutton2004.../Dutton2004.htm

Not sure there are Sexpo girls though (like I said, they were avoiding me!).

There were a few SAU entrants in this event-

Me and Majanal (350Z)

Duncan and Fatz (R31 GTS-X)

Simmo (in the winning Evo)

Dominic (Evo 5)

Rednut (R32 GTS-T)

hi guys

just got back from the rally, yes that was my gtr that was competing.

i did all you skyline owners proud. the car ran 11.18@126mph on friday at willowbank in the first drag race stage, which is the fastest an entered cars has

ever run in the dutton rally's 10 year history!(the next fastest was 12.5)

we had a good days racing friday with a few top five time. the next drag run i ran

11.5 and on the drag run in the afternoon we broke the gearbox. changed it that night for saturday.

saturday we had a good morning at mount cotton hill climb and managed 4th fastest, we then went to the training center and the day went to shit from there.

the car was way to loud! and it took me five attempts to quiten the car to be allowed to compete(heaps of steel wool stuffed in exhaust) which was a waste of time as i could not get on the throttle at all as the back pressure would have killed it! it blew out after catching fire:)

saturday night was great at the carpark not real fast but definately lots of fun.

today was good allround with quite a few top fives a one stage outright win.

all in all i was happy for our first event and the cars first time out.

we picked up 1st outright driver class A, 1st outright co driver class A,

and nine outrightdrive combination ( i was very happy with that considering we didnt do 6 stages when the gearbox blew and our first time on a track)

cheers to all you guys and hope to see you around

russell

well done :P First in Outright class is a damn good result :)

You coming down to the NSW or Vic events?

hi

we are going to discuss that this week and see if we can get to the nsw event

apparently only 8 weeks away!!

as i need to do quite a bit to the car, fist proper gearbox (or less power)

and definately better brakes as we ran out of brakes all week end!! completely destroyed a set of rotors which were new at the start, one was cracked right throught the middle.

i hope to go though!! and learn to drive a bit neater.

are you going?

cheers russell

well done champ, i saw you racing and you did all nissan owners proud. Sucked about the gearbox, I was so suprised you changed it all over that quick....not to mention the rediculous exhaust antics at mt cotton, that ferarri owner was not happy :P I think everyone was shoving stuff down their exhausts...except for the hybrid car lol, my mate actually shoved thongs (yes thongs) up his exhaust.....but anyway great car, good results, well done.