SAU Community

the TURTLE is back!

_turtle_

Hey guys, my poor car has been recovered! The broadmeadows cops busted some guys. From what I could see at the towing place where I picked up my car they had stolen 5 cars. 2 x skylines, 1 x celica, 1 x mx6, 1 x s15. All with new plates on them and driving around. No idea how they did it or got busted. I still need to get in touch with the police.

My car is OK, i have attached some pics. They swapped my rims with some other ones which have lock nuts on them, which i now can't remove. They also swapped my spoiler, I saw it on the other skyline which was there.

Problem I have now is,

1. I've got no plates for the car, i cancelled the rego. Do i need to get RWC etc again?

2. I can't pop the bonnet, it looks like they cut the cable, nothing happens when i pull the latch from inside. Perhaps done to prevent any checking of the id in engine bay.

3. I don't know if they took off the vin#, compliance plates etc. I'm going to have a hell of a lot of trouble selling the car if this is the case.

hahah tell me about it!!! i had already given up any hope of getting it back.

I couldn't sleep the night before i picked up the car coz i wasn't sure what to expect, thought it would have some panels damaged etc.

we nearly couldn't drive it home though, had 1 punctured tyre and 1 flat. these rims they put on had dam centre caps and locknuts on. the guys at vicwide towing were nice enough to use a chisel and hammer to remove the locknut off so that we could put the spare tyre on.

Awesome you have your car recovered and in such a comparitable good state compared to most that are recovered.

No idea how to pop the bonnet but Al on here might know, he knows his stuff

an idea for poping the bonet,

the mesh you had as the grill seems to be half gone so just get in there with a screw driver and try and pop the latch thing manually. its probably how they got you your alarm in the first place (if you have one that is).

very lucky to get your car back in such an unharmed condition, congrats

yep full credit to the cops, we shouldn't be bagging em all the time, well not too much :cheers:

anyways, i've found the engine# its on the passenger side, all matches up. i now need to somehow get some compliance plates for the car, hopefully vic roads can just pop some replacement ones on. then we're back on the road!