SAU Community

RB20DET Plenum

No tech shit required, were can i get a GTR style plenum for my RB20DET.

I have done a search, but this is useless as your not alowed to hijack threads so i've had to start a new one.

so sorry if this upsets people.

just contact details please and picture if any, thank you for you time.

lol superclarkey, they were bit viscious in that other thread hey, would be funny if people now told u to put it in the WTB section you 911 thread hijacker!!!!!

sorry no idea were to get one over there, nothing further your honour

I have a situation where i'm having similar packaging issues. The plenum i'm likely to use is the one from RIPS

They do this one for around the $1400NZ mark:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

For more info, try contacting Rob at RIPS -> [email protected]

I'm interested in any other's that peiople can suggest.

EDIT: D'oh

it sure is a nice plenum.. would be interesting to do a bolt on test.. with a before and after test on dyno

but yer i might email him about it a bit later on in the day as thats all thats holding me back from putting my front mount on at the moment is a plenum... :D dont want shitloads of piping was thinking of waiting till the UAS plenums were made and trying one of them but yer dunno yet...

Well in my case the car is travelling at 0km/hr and looks like it will continue to do so until I find a solution for the plenum.

An aftermarket plenum at least gives me a chance of travelling at >0km/hr.

i asked Rob some time ago and he said the plenums come :

The kit comes with plenim, enlarged throttle body, throttle cable, water pipe kit,all fittings for brake booster, map sensor, boost guage etc. All your original water temp senders etc go straight on. The tps wires need extending to go to the relocated throttle body.

The original idle controler etc can be retained if you are still running a stock computer.

I can custom paint the plenim whatever colour you want.

I can do a complete kit, painted, shipped

The photo above is obviously a shot taken as he was making the plenum...ie not fully finished :)

Well in my case the car is travelling at 0km/hr and looks like it will continue to do so until I find a solution for the plenum.  

An aftermarket plenum at least gives me a chance of travelling at >0km/hr.

Why don't you use the standard one?:)

ok the pic of the insides of that plenum look like the top bit isnt welded up? :) im guessing thats a pic of everything hals way thru ? but well yer.. or wat is it 'you buy it you finish welding it'

I wouldnt be too sure. I would not be surprised if the internals look like that based on the fact that the aluminium welding is only fillet welds on the external surface, and has no penetration thru the wall thickness of the metal, (to the inside)

Sydney kid, he said, he cant use the orginal, it doesnt fit. This might mean the engine was mounted higher than it could have been, either way, it dont fit.

Roy, you can see light coming thru on that pic, Id say its not finished. Otherwise even if it is welded up, and just a bit messy, light should not get thru.

bahahhaha

you people saying its meant to be like that make me laugh... if light gets thru then she aint air tight and i highly doubt they'd sell them... so OBVIOUSLY its a work in progress pic! geez

and SK: he said due packaging issues he cannot fit the stock plenum.. So its not going in a skyline.. or of it is... a reeealy old one

Yeh, i suppose. Its possible thats light...or a reflection form the flash photography picking up an edge. I have circled what i thought could be a bit of penetration from the weld, or again it could simply be a tack...:confused:

Like i said, i dont know, but if i was paying the money, i wouldnt be assuming that its an incomplete manifold, and what im buying will be different. id confirm it with him:)

Yeh, i suppose. Its possible thats light...or a reflection form the flash photography picking up an edge. I have circled what i thought could be a bit of penetration from the weld, or again it could simply be a tack...:confused:

RIPS_Plenum.jpg

Like i said, i dont know, but if i was paying the money, i wouldnt be assuming that its an incomplete manifold, and what im buying will be different. id confirm it with him:)

and SK: he said due packaging issues he cannot fit the stock plenum.. So its not going in a skyline.. or of it is... a reeealy old one

Close. It's actually a mid 60's holden....and it's tight fit.

Height is probably not so much of an issue as ic pipework.