SAU Community

Can R32 GTR airbox be improved?

I need to keep the standard R32 GTR airbox in my car, has anyone played around with these to improve the air flow?

The dyno killed 11kWs straight up with between running just the AFMs (unfiltered) and running the airbox.

I need to keep the standard R32 GTR airbox in my car, has anyone played around with these to improve the air flow?  

The dyno killed 11kWs straight up with between running just the AFMs (unfiltered) and running the airbox.

Drive it around, get it all hot, stop-start traffic, etc, etc. And i think you'll find the air box will win out.

You can try and set up some CAI ducting to supply more air to the box's inlet to get some gains, plenty of threads on that around.

There is a big ass resonator that hangs behind the front bar. Mine was filled with water.

The resonator inlet to the bottom of the airbox is a circular cut out of around 5cms diameter.

If you want to you can enlarge this hole to say 8cms and duct from your front bar vent to the side of the FMIC directly up into the airbox

I have removed the resonator but have fitted an oil cooler there

:P

On mine I removed the resonator but kept the pipe that joins it to the snout under the headlight.

By reversing it you can face it towards the bumper getting a ram air effect.Ideally you would use a bigger pipe as it does make a difference.

As for the opening in the airbox its about the same size as a 4inch pipe but a triangular shape.