SAU Community

Oil catch can install

I want to buy the Greddy oil catch can which opens at the top (so i can place a baffle in it) but it only comes in 9mm or 15mm. At the rear end of the cam covers on the RB26, the breather hoses are about 22-23mm.

I am looking at buying silicone hoses. Does anyone know the exact diameter of the breather hoses? Should the breather hose be fuel/oil resistant?

As there is a decrease in diameter from 22 to 15mm when installing the catch can, is there any negatives from doing this?

I am thinking of buying an adapter to reduce the size. Am I going about it the right way? Any help would be appreciated.

I am planning on changing all the pipes/tubes in my engine bay to silicone. If you know the diameter and use of a hose in the engine bay, please fill free to reply as i am getting a list of hoses down so i can buy them.

Lastly, I am in the process of importing SFS Performance Silicone Intercooler/Coolant/Induction hose kits for the R32 and R33 GTR. Their products are used by PEUGEOT WRC, FORD MOTORSPORT, PRODRIVE TICKFORD, RALLIART, ROUSH and NOBLE MOY. I will post details when they're here.

• 6 months later...

I have a Greddy catch can on my 180sx, i used some silicone hoses but within a week they had melted from the heat that my TO4E produced, now i have 5/8 heater hose and that seems to work fine, i wouldnt recoment silcone hoses as the heat destroys them very quickly...

I bought the catch can that is on special from Just Jap... it comes with reinforced clear tubing that looks to be 22mm.

The can comes with interchangeable nozzles, and when I compared the smaller nozzle to the nozzle on the inlet manifold, they were the same size. Now I just need to buy black tubing in that size.

I'm running it on the manifold (off-boost) side, so I guess it won't be getting all that hot where it is.

So.... that can is the goods, as it covers both 22? and 15? sizes.

As for reducing one down to the other, it restricts the maximum potential breathing... and maybe it will increase your oil pressure slightly if your car really DOES need such a large breather-pipe.

I literally just fitted mine without the hoses, came in here, and read this thread. =-o