SAU Community

On the road again...

CNR33

Getting smashed into isn't always a bad thing...

After my Phillip Island fiasco, I finally have my car back, and its better than ever!

As annoying as it was to get quotes and deal with the insurance company (who were most accommodating I must say), this was a very positive outcome for me.

Sick of driving around looking bone stock, I went and bought myself some skirts a few months back, then started looking for a half decent m-spec front bar. Soooo glad I didn't rush into it! I was quoted everywhere between $300-$800 to fit the skirts alone, no spraying or anything :D

I was a little hesitant of the assigned panel beater, but now I can't praise him highly enough. He did a brilliant job, and really went above and beyond to make sure the car looked great.

For an extra $200, he fitted the skirts & rear pods, upgraded my bar & reo to an m-spec, resprayed both guards (and repaired existing damage), re-aligned and sprayed the bonnet (again existing stuff) and also sprayed the entire drivers side of the car.

The paint work has come up mint, and I'm thrilled with the outcome, looks like the prang was a blessing in disguise; nobody got hurt, and i saved like 2k! :kewl:

Big thanks again to Al and Saff Cossie for all of their help. Those cable ties held on for 3 weeks! Sorry Al, didn't get a set of new headlights, but the guy said he hunted EVERYWHERE just to get one that was a great match to my other one.

M-spec_No_Plates.JPG

ImpactFixed_Blur.JPG

Boost_R.JPG

Didnt do much mate but more than happy to help any member. Just glad the car has come out for the better and you are happy. :D

That repairer has done a fantastic job. Looks awesome. You must be pleased to have it back on the road and looking good mate.

looks good, what is the name of the place that you used?

Brumby's Smash Repairs in Heidelberg West (very handy, bout 200m from my place :wassup: )

They really went above and beyond what i expected. The guy said the best luck he had was finding the Front bar and Reo at the same place. Every other piece required a separate trip to get exactly what i was after.

I'm just kicking myself I didn't just get the entire car sprayed while it was there, although the rest of the paint work is pretty good.

Now I just have to adjust to driving REALLY carefully into driveways and over speedbumps!

Thanks for the complements guys, I'm just happy to have it all sorted after about 3 weeks.

so when do we all get to c it next r u coming to the next meeting

any chance i get! I'll be at Bells on Tuesday

also, just thought I'd get people's thoughts, I had contemplated selling the car and buying a 33 GTST, but I figured now that I have the car exactly how I want it, I may as well just dump a turbo engine in it.

I've read the countless threads about how much of a waste it is, but i've also been looking at the poor resale of N/A cars, plus stamp duty, and i could be getting a car that's been thrashed.

It's my first car, and I kinda like the idea of building it up, but realise its silly to chase power in an n/a engine. I don't plan to race it (yet...), and not really hoping for 200+ rwkws(again, yet...), but I think the car just deserves to have that little extra something :aroused:

...oh and I should mention that the current engine is overdue for its 100k service, so by the time you factor in up to a grand for that, i'm on my way to a better engine with almost half the milage.

Any advice would be much appreciated :cheers:

...oh and I should mention that the current engine is overdue for its 100k service, so by the time you factor in up to a grand for that, i'm on my way to a better engine with almost half the milage.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Yeah, but if you get a second hand rb25det then you will still want to give it a service, as you don't know how hard its been thrashed or whether the km on it are genuine :)

any chance i get! I'll be at Bells on Tuesday

also, just thought I'd get people's thoughts, I had contemplated selling the car and buying a 33 GTST, but I figured now that I have the car exactly how I want it, I may as well just dump a turbo engine in it.

I've read the countless threads about how much of a waste it is, but i've also been looking at the poor resale of N/A cars, plus stamp duty, and i could be getting a car that's been thrashed.

It's my first car, and I kinda like the idea of building it up, but realise its silly to chase power in an n/a engine. I don't plan to race it (yet...), and not really hoping for 200+ rwkws(again, yet...), but I think the car just deserves to have that little extra something   :aroused:  

Any advice would be much appreciated :D

I think people say that because of the extra costs involved not included in the engine swap... your also looking at brakes, wheel hubs, gearbox, diff etc

but I agree that its worth the effort if you have already invested a lot of time in the car and the body/chassis is in good condition and you have a sentimental attachment to the car... selling your car and buying another can sometimes be a long and expensive ordeal...

anyway car looks mint

:aroused: