SAU Community

Problem with GTR

Problem with my car, its a R32 GTR...The other day i blew a heater hose having replaced that which was not easy. I took it for a drive and within 5mins the oil temp was around half about 150'C, its normally on the 70'C mark, the engine oil level is fine. the water temp was normal but there is oil in my radiator?? the oil pressure was going up and down and it still goes as good as it use to...i think it may be a blown head gasket or the oil pump is rooted, any suggestions would be great.

if there is oil in the radiator thats not good at all im sorry :( to me it does sound like head gasket but before we make any conclusions wait for others opinions. Has the radiator fluid started to go milky?

It does sound like a gasket or oil pump problem which is why the heater hose may have come off in the first place. Whatever it is, it sounds bad. I would not do any more driving in it at all and get it towed to a workshop that knows what they are doing.

You could start off with a compression test to see if it is a head gasket. What were you doing prior to the heater hose blowing?

The radiator fluid looks like a chocalate thick shake from Maca's, this all started when i took my car to get a dyno tune done. they tell me they didnt run it on the dyno but i drove past the place later n i saw my car up on the dyno. then mid arvo i got a phone call from them saying they found oil in my radiiator, they didnt even charge me anything which is a bit suspect...Well i blew the hose doing burnouts in RWD

• 2 months later...

Normally I have found blown headgaskets (ie Water in oil) to have a distinct smell, have you checked under the oil cap for milky residue or bubbles in radiator, which are a couple of giveaways :)

Has the car ever had its cooling system flushed and refilled with coolant since ownership....if not now may be a good time.

Static burnouts are probably the worst thing you can do to any engine, so it would not be suprising if you have blown your head gasket ;):D

If all else fails Whack some chemiweld or Bars leak in there she'll be good as new :P