SAU Community

TURBOS which is better?

Z00MxRACING

juzz wondering is it worth it upgrading from an standard turbo r32 to a rb25det standard turbo ??

will i gain more power? bottom or top end?

will there be more lag?

when will boost kick in??

how much boost is it standard? and how much could i go max boost?

is it stronger than the rb20 standard turbo?

will it bolt up direct to my standard rb20 manifold?

do i have to change the oil and water lines? or will they bolt up too?

reasonable responses is appreciated as im in the process of doing this upgrade..

cheers!

Ryan

a rb25 turbo will make your r32 br20 go way better

i know of people with vg30 rolla bearing turbo on r32 and they go hard with the boost up but the boost starts late and goes all the way to 7500 rpm

you will need a fmic and bigger exhaust to make full potencial of this turbo im looking at a rb25 one or a vg30 one ...?

but the vg one has to have the oil lines made bigger or some thing so it will fit ...? you could probably use all your rb20 oil lines etc ...?

these will all bolt up to a standard 20 turbo

I am personally going for a hi-flow RB25 it'll set me back around $1950 for a hi-flow at GCG turbochargees in Sydney they told me that hi-flow is based in the middle of a stage 1 and stage 2 hi-flow. I've seen the difference in wheel sizes on the turbo and I can understand where the extra power is made.

A hi-flowed RB25 turbo will make roughly 20% more power on around 12psi.

So if your making around 170rwkw with 12psi on standard turbo you'd be looking at around 200rwkw with hi-flow.

thanks guys for your replies ..

but the rb25 turbo i got is not hi-flowed juz standard .. dont have the dosh to hi flow at the moment..

but will i be able to use the rb25 turbs without a fmic? juz standard IC?

my exhaust setup is 3.5inch to CAT then 4inch CAT back (CAT is 3.5inch)

is this exhaust setup ok? i was told its a GTR setup ..

i only feel lag on at the beginning then when boost kicks in about 3200 goes all the way to 7500 ...havent dont a dyno yet but this sat i might ..juzz to see wot power figures the rb20 turbo is giving then upgrade to rb25 turbs and dyno again ..

what are the power figures estimate on the rb20 93 mod wit 90thou klms with mods: hks pod filter, full hks exhaust setup (as above) with hks super dragger, std boost and std rb20 turbo ...????? i just wanna know so when i take it for a dyno i know what to expect ..

thanks fellaz