SAU Community

Removing weather shields

i was wondering the same thing because i plan on taking mine off as soon as i get time, i wasnt sure about how to get the tags at the back of the front door off as there between the black plastic strip that goes up next to the glass and the door frame. (from memory, could be wrong)

does the black plastic strip need to come off first to get to the tag?

i really can't remember

if i remember rightly you gotta wind the window down, then go from the inside, it took me one go to get this right... one go in the sense i didn't do it right and bent one of my chromes a little bit...

definately NOT crunk.

id like to keep mine on, but im missing the front left one so will take the rest off, havent worried about it too much but would look better with either all of them or none of them...

i probabl should have the aircon canister regassed and refitted though,

another for the very very long and growing to do list

Well when mine landed one was missing. And by the time the compliancing was done only one was left on! so now i've taken all of them off but the metal bits are still on.

So from the inside ha? I'll have to take another look.

Also can you get new chrome strips? Mine are in really poor shape.

Hopefully by next week my ceffie will be on the road. After being in the country for 2 months now! Will post pics as soon as its registered and cleaned up. Atm it's in my gararge on stands (putting in new coilovers to pass blue slip)

Also can you get new chrome strips? Mine are in really poor shape.

yes you can they cost $6 and come in a tube called "autosol" scrub like crazy but!

just removed mine then :)

only takes 5 minute,

front doors: the rear screw is visible on the inside, the other 2 screws are under the wide horizontal rubber section of seal, just peel back the small section you need too to get a screw driver in there

rear doors: theres only a screw on the front tag which is visible on the inside, just remove the screw and slide the shield forward gently and itll come straight off,

hope that helps.

now to get some auutosol