SAU Community

Do u clublock your skyline at the petrol station ?

i was at the petrol station earlier today to fill up my car. damn the soarer petrol prices >:P. anywayz, i saw this skyline opposite me. before the owner went to pay for his petrol, he clublocked the skyline.

hrmmm, how many of u guys clublock your skyline for a quick dash to the counter ?

mind u this was the first time ive seen someone do this.

Never seen someone clublock it at the servo, i think thats a bit fo overkill if you ask me. But then again you never know what kinda dodgy c*nt can be waiting around the corner. I usually leave my car with the window down and the turbo timer running at the servo, im not to worried about it. OR should i start gettin worried?

I always leave all my belongings and the keys in the ignition when going to pay for petrol..though i only do this in areas that i am familiar with. But with the amount of theft going around, i think its time to not take things for granted.

You just never know when or what is going to happen.

Depends what area I am in, but generaly I would leave the window down but lock with remote, as most of us would.

Just remember, people who take precausion generally don't loose.

Cars often get ripped off from servo's.

Many have had baby's sitting in the baby seat.

I simply lock the car and ensure the steering wheel is locked. The built in lock not a club lock etc.

An unlocked steering wheel is very easy to break its lock, push the seat back put your feet on the steering wheel and slam it. Bang goes the lock. When its locked it makes it that little bit harder to snap the lock as you don't have as much movement.

Yeah, i lock mine (remote lock) cause i have the RevSpeed Meter velcro-ed to the dash.

Plus they have a coffee machine where i go and wait for it to be made...yum !

I even have the wanky thermo mug for the drive to work...hehe

auto arm on my alarm does it for me. if they open the door the have to deal with the alarm goin off and then imobiliser and then me. someone would have to be real stupid to even try. i just make sure i dont leave mobiles and stuff in plain sight.

oh and the reason why people get their car jacked with babies in the back is that they give thieves the opportunity by leaving their keys in the car in the first place. i never could understand why people do that. its like leaving ur house keys in the front door whilst u walk to the milkbar on the corner. its just askin for someone to take it.

depends where you are...i sometimes duck in to get something and leave the engine running lol. I know i shouldnt. I don't do that if there's anyone else at the servo though.

But thats in Canberra...if i'm in Sydney I lock up always.

i usuallly leave the keys in ignition with phone in plain view, but depends what people are around in the servo

a little off topic, but does anyone leave there engine running while filling up due to their turbo timer or does everyone wait back for their car to cool down then fill up?

i always wait a few minutes for it to cool down before starting..

If I'm there for fuel I would take the keys with me and I would wait till the car has stop running then fill up. The alarm has passive immobolisers, so even if someone jumps in my car they wont get far unless they can by pass the immobolisers and start the car in a few seconds.

If I'm there for something else (depending on how long), I would normally leave the car running with the turbo timer and duck into the servo. I always make sure that the turbo timers I have in the car is always hooked up to the handbrake. Someone jump in tries to drive the car drops the handbrake, the car stops and immoboliser kicks in. Still take them time to by pass.

Never left the keys in the ignition tho, thats just asking for it then again I'm paranoid to a degree..

As to the guy that did the club lock, he have had a situation before which forces him to take such action to feel that he is looking after the car. Everyone has different views on proctecting your car I guess.. :)

i leave phones and wallet and everything there with windows open and car unlocked if i can see it from where im paying..

if i cant usually ill have window up...if someone goes near it ill just remote arm it i guess.

i hate getting in and out of car with club lock on (: my leg always hits it or something and the horn sounds (stock steering wheel...whole centre peice is a horn)

depending what mood im in, usually i will hide phones or cb's etc from view

usually leave it unlocked. but depends.. sometimes if its really busy or something i will arm it just to get wierd looks when my car says "System armed" ahaha