SAU Community

Inner Tail lights n/w?

Baz

The japs have a weird way of thinking lol

Just wondering has anyone ever come across an issue when the outter tail lights only work when the headlights are on but all lights come on when the brakes are engaged? It's obviously intentional. I checked the globes, they were fine and were twin filament and the wiring around the tail light seemed ok. Has anyone ever come across something like this and where they could possible trip the wire so that they only come on when braking?

Cheers,

inner taillights were single globe sockets when i first got my car from japan and fitted twin filiments sockets and changed around some wires,and now all four taillights work when parkers are on and when i brake they go brighter..r33 series1

may pay too have a look to see if urs are the same....

I'll double check again but I think they were twin filament globes on the inner ones. Is there any other places that you could disconnect the inner park lights from? Ie. is there a fuse for them? (i highly doubt it though :))

Mr fanny i think your right,cos on my compliance sheet it says that the did somework on rear taillights.they changed inner tailight sockets to single filiment,and you cant just put in a double filiment globe cos it wont work,u need to change the inner tailight socket to double filiment.Any jap spare parts should have em.dont try autobahn or repco as ive been there with no luck..

Welcome to the "silly little things" in the ADR's. All the the Aust delivered GTR's got the same treatment. Look at the tailights on the next ladder-chassis 4x4 you see.

Funny, my car managed to slip past without getting the 'snip' :D

My 33 had the wires cut to those bulbs, I think they were green.

A twist here and there and bit of electrical tape got em working.

You said you checked the wiring, but just double check nothing has been snipped.

Welcome to the "silly little things" in the ADR's. All the the Aust delivered GTR's got the same treatment. Look at the tailights on the next ladder-chassis 4x4 you see.

Funny, my car managed to slip past without getting the 'snip' :rofl:

It's not a big deal, but the Aust GTR's had that because the outer lights are the indicators. The JDM indicators became the reversing lights, and the JDM reversing lights were turfed so that the wide Aus licence plates can fit. It's one way to tell an Aus car from a Jap one - there are no lights around the number plate.

Mark

It's not a big deal, but the Aust GTR's had that because the outer lights are the indicators. The JDM indicators became the reversing lights, and the JDM reversing lights were turfed so that the wide Aus licence plates can fit. It's one way to tell an Aus car from a Jap one - there are no lights around the number plate.

You mean like this?

1486AusGTR0001.jpg

Hah my ones werent cut, just had a little piece of tape over one of the inner globes so they wouldnt light up when i pushed the brakes, and all 4 were on when i had the parker lights on. My one didnt get snipped either :rofl: Just got rid of the tape now all 4 work when i push the brakes :)

• 1 year later...

my inner tail lights dont work but they all light up when i brake

wat do i have to do to fix this?...im pretty sure the globes are working fine.... its twin filiment

also some wires have been cut and wrapped around other ones with electrical tape...not sure wat has been done

Edited by skyline17

• 3 weeks later...
my inner tail lights dont work but they all light up when i brake

Same prob, did u find a solution? Mine were working got out the car to close the gate 2 working one side 1 the other! Pissed off! will have a look in the daylight tomorrow. :)