SAU Community

How to LAUNCH a GTR right!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West: what size tyres are you running? You know its bad to run different size rims/tyres on a GTR right? messes with the ATTESA.

Yeah, i got the car like that, it has 235 front and 265rear. Benno warn me about the ATTESA as well. Also you guys know what rims are these?

Looks like i'll be getting it depend on the financial situation.

My mate who ran 11.9 redlines the car and pop's the clutch ( 8200) .. his clutch died out after 10 runs.

done 2 clutch in 1 month

but ey he ran 11's std GTR!

:talk2hand :talk2hand :talk2hand [

Dumping the clutch or side stepping it will break driveshafts, stuff uni's and stuff your clutch center... If you watch all the japs how they do it is the nicest possible way for the best result.

Pull your handbrake on and leave your hand on it pulled up bring the revs to around 6.5+ and pull the clutch out till you can feel the car fighting the handbrake, from here release the handbrake and clutch at the same time and your away.... SOunds hard but by doing this the clutch is already semi engaged and nearly up to speed and all the slack has been taken from all your driveline components. Sure it burns the clutch a little but its no worse than any other method!!!!

The man speaks the truth. This is the only method I have ever used

Yeah, i got the car like that, it has 235 front and 265rear. Benno warn me about the ATTESA as well. Also you guys know what rims are these?

Looks like i'll be getting it depend on the financial situation.

These be Enkei's

elem_detail_nt03m_s.jpg

Gotta say, I have to agree with GZ R33.

I have never seen or heard of a standard GTR pull an 11 sec quarter.  :bs!:

Its common for a std GTR to pull an 11 - but when people say std they mean std engine/turbos... usually aftermarket exaust/air filter and more boost....

Its the only mod i could do for it :P

I think i recognise that gtr in your avatar :aroused:

It has a trust 6 speed box and gold centre bbs wheels if its the one i think it is ;)

Very nice car..... any bigger pics of it? i currently have a crappy small pic as my wallpaper. :wassup:

Its common for a std GTR to pull an 11 - but when people say std they mean std engine/turbos... usually aftermarket exaust/air filter and more boost....

Lightly modified would be better said. Must of been one hell of a driver to pull an 11sec even with boost, exhaust and filter. :wizard:

there was a guy on here with an R32 GTR std turbos/injectors etc.. that pulled 11.7's consistently...

Personally my best as 12.4 but that was only on 5 or so runs then my gearbox went bang :)

I think i could of got alot closer to a 12 flat.. track wasn't in the best condition and i couldn't launch right...

exaust/filter/boost and cam gears tuned i make 260-280rwkw (depending on dyno) std turbos/injectors... I have pretty hard suspension and stuff setup more for track work than drag work.