SAU Community

GTR rims n GTST rims

FATAZZ

R32 GTS-T Rims are 16" x 6.5" from memory and R32 GT-R Rims are 16" x 8".

Best size tyre I've seen on a R32 GTS rim is 215/45/16 and most common size on R32 GT-R rim is 225/50/16.

Hope that helps.

i got quoeted $291ea. tyre 225x50x16 on my stock gtst rims. sum 3000 brand tyres.

thats fitted n balanced by the way. Beaurepairs

For that much they'd want to be some pretty damned good tyres, I suggest you shop around, you should be able to get good (not excellent) rubber for half that amount.

The Hankook Ventus K104's seem to have a good rep. as bargain quality tyres and people are picking up 235/45/17 for around $180.

They will fit, as in bolt on, but they're no good as the offsets will be all wrong.

I had R32 GT-R rims on my R32 GTS-T with 225/50/16's and they fitted great.

( I then got my gaurds rolled and now have 17 x 8 front with 235/45/17 fitted and 17 x 9 back with 255/40/17 fitted and she looks very fat indeed ).

With the GTR32 Rims having a bigger or smaller however you put it,

On a R32 gtst with stock rims you'll notice that the rims actually sit inside and under the guards, whereas for GTR32 rims the offsets are like +30 (or something from memory) so ALL for rims will sit further out from the hub and if you car is lowered with no camber your wheels will hit the arch/guards when you go over a bump or turn hard into a corner. BUT if you have standard shocks and stock ride height you won't have the Guard hitting problem.

BUT keep in mind its illegal to have your wheels sitting outside your guards, like if you stand next the side of the car where front wheel is and look straight down if you see the tyres sitting out pass the guards it illegal (or defectable).

This is my understand and STUPID/wrong offsets because i've had 2 sets of rims which didn't fit on my car PERFECTLY. BUT someone with a R32Gtst with GTR32 rims can clarify this.

R32gtst rims are 16 x 6.5" (you can fit 225/50/16 or 205/55/16)

R32GTR rims are 16 x 8" (you can fit up to 235/XX/16 maybe even a 245 dunno but standard i think is 225/50/16 compared to the 205/55/16 on gts rims)

i hope that helps. :)

my 2 cents

Going from 6" +40 to 8" +20 means:

From the Wheel Offset Calculator

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 5mm LESS

The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 45mm

Considering you want to at least TRY and keep things even, so as no to screw your suspension geometry up too bad, GTR rims don't qualify. +32 to +35 is far more suitable for 8" rims.

Ash.

Would you know if the R33 GTR rims are the same offset.

I've seen one set on a R32 GTST, they looked like they sat under the guards, only just.

Not sticky outy like the R32 GTR rims I've seen.

32 GTR rims looked illegal to myself, R33 GTR's didn't.

Doesn't mean there not illegal though.

Ash.

Would you know if the R33 GTR rims are the same offset.

I've seen one set on a R32 GTST, they looked like they sat under the guards, only just.

Not sticky outy like the R32 GTR rims I've seen.  

32 GTR rims looked illegal to myself, R33 GTR's didn't.

Doesn't mean there not illegal though.

Hey Joel, I'm not really sure, but i *THINK* offsets are pretty much the same across GTR's and GTST's regardless of R32/33/34, what you describe could have been the fact the R33 has 17's and less "tyre bulge" than the 16's of the R32.

I think people just need to retire themselve to fact that while GTR rims will fit GTST's in most cases, it doesn't mean they're correct or such a great idea handling wise, regardless of whether or not they're legal. Sorry.

I have a set of r32 GTR rims on my R33 tyres are 225*50*16 the fit very nicely but needed wheel alignment. it is lowered 1" and stiff shocks but has not scraped gaurds ever hope this helps.

Ive got 16" rims on mine....

the rears are 8" wide with 225/50/16 (offset is +38)

the fronts are 7.5" wide with 225/50/16 (offset is +25), also

the car is lowered and sitting about an inch or so above the top of the tyre.

The car hasnt had a proper wheel alignment in a very long time (read camber is off) and the tyres wear on the inner side.

The tyres clear hitting the guard by about 10 to 15 mm or so, and if it were given a proper wheel align. id say it would be close, but still not hit....

in my r32 gtst, it's got 265's at the back and the rear panels were flared a bit to allow for the offset

ive also noticed my speedo shows a higher speed than im actually going. anyone know how to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...
I think people just need to retire themselve to fact that while GTR rims will fit GTST's in most cases, it doesn't mean they're correct or such a great idea handling wise, regardless of whether or not they're legal. Sorry.

Hi Ash,

could you please elaborate as to why R33 GTR wheels would not be beneficial to the handling on a R32 GTS4?

is it to do with the wheel alignment now being wrong? should be easily fixable...

I just got some today but haven't had the time to fit them yet.

:)