SAU Community

Rb25/30

caminperth

Has anyone in Perth built a RB25/30 or had one built for them? Is there anyone running one in an R33 at the moment who could take me out for a ride? I have suspected broken ring lands and am wanting to look at options outside of the norm.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe - thanks for the link.

Gradenko - budget, not sure yet? Care to throw some figures at me? Was thinking of keeping the same head/intake/exhaust/turbo setup if I can.

Boost - I'm aware of the time factor and for that reason (and cause I'm lazy) might end up getting a workshop to do it. Rattling - nowhere near that yet, just drinking the odd bit of oil at the moment. Not a huge thing as I'm hardly driving it.

Just wanting to actually see what one goes like.

Gradenko - budget, not sure yet? Care to throw some figures at me? Was thinking of keeping the same head/intake/exhaust/turbo setup if I can.

$5k minimum for a basic rebuild. $7kish using forged pistons, arp bolted bottem end and standard rods shot peened. + extra for head porting, ecu, manifold, plenum, turbo, fueling, etc. But you already know that :P

Just wanting to actually see what one goes like.

Let you know in a month or so.

$5k min? Hmm. A bit more than what I was thinking - not too much more, but a bit. Is that using a new block? Do you mind PMing me the price breakdown if you have it?

:P Cam

That doesn't include the price of the new block but it does include the price of a 2nd hand block (which i needed for the crank and rods).

I'll pm you details when I get home. Good luck with whatever you choose.

There is Forged pistons and rods ready of the shelf for this job now so the cost has come down a lot for for this combo.Mat smiths power and torque curve is crazy with this setup making for a very fast but highly drivable combo.

teejay - would like to see the results. Are they on this forum?

Steve - long time no chat. Hope all is well. Who/where is the combo available from?

R31 - looks like a mint car, but wouldn't be able to get enough for mine to buy it.

Whole thing is at inquiry stage at this point - hence me wanting to have a chat to some people with experience in it.

Mat smiths power and torque curve is crazy  with this setup making for a very fast but highly drivable combo.

Is that the one that recently came out of per4manz? Heard good things about that too.

when u come to your budget, double it and add abit more, thats how modified cars work, hahah. i know some one who just got a motor built with pistons and gtr rods, and studs, pm me if u want to know more.

Another thing, is becareful who does the work on your car. i strongly advise to use one of the 2 workshops. A) Hyperdrive B) Xspeed. they are the most suited to the job if you ask me,

Has anyone in Perth built a RB25/30 or had one built for them? Is there anyone running one in an R33 at the moment who could take me out for a ride? I have suspected broken ring lands and am wanting to look at options outside of the norm.

Cam, give hyperdrive a call, i remember talking to ken and he was telling me how they were going to built this as i type of demo car when hyperdrive 1st started dont know if it happened or not

different strokes for different folks

i personally didnt think the non revving nature of a rb30 would be any fun

but i was wrong, and its become a more and more popular idea... got to be some reasoning in that.

your on boost so much earlier then any other rb combo

ive been in a gtr with twin 2530's and its not even close boost response wise