SAU Community

Rb25/30

caminperth

The combo im talking about was the one from PER4MANZ Turbos and revs far better than i thought it would making it a very entertaining thing to drive.

CMP and others can supply the kit.

The car tjs talkin about has 2540s and i here PSI tuned it so Brett would be worth talking to.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It's not that I aren't keen, it's more that everyone dreams of the mighty 25/30 rb and it never ends up happening. To do it right costs more than any other RB25 or 30 build. The end user, ie the one paying the bill needs to weigh upi the costs and decide if it's what they want.

As Steve says, you can get low cost RB rods these days, and there are people stocking pistons specifically for this purpose now, so at least that kind of custom expense is eliminated.

masTers, 15k is a safe minimum and more is not unheard of.

IMACUL8, as I mentioned in the other thread, I will talk about it but not now. Too calm at the moment. Will have to wait till I get a bit boozy and can just let it flow.

No more pms please ppl ;) I've been inundated by ppl who want to know about ants l33t engine bulding skillz - well you'll all have to wait! (at least till we confirm what we suspect. don't want to be unfair)

Yeh im ready to go over 15k, gonna be a long time before its on the road, but will be well worth it.

TJ i hear your undertaking a similar build now too. I hope the force is strong in you, because its a long journey mate.

Matt smiths RB30DET is a very basic motor with very small cams etc yet so strong and running 11.6 while having to feather the throttle down the track to try get traction was proof to me how good the 30 combo can be.

This motor gets a real beating and seems to take it with no effort so i now think the RB30DET horror storys are just that.

This motor was built by Wheelspins Steve lee for PER4MANZ running a single ITS turbo.Matts only running modest tune as the gearbox cant cope and the car was build for drifting so who knows its full potential.

Costs of these are much the same as any other RB tho the rods are cheaper than whats avalible for 25/26s and the cam belts easy now and all the normal RB extras like oil pumps etc are the same.In a GTR remember that you have the costs of the sump addaptor but even thats cheap on SAU now.

stock internals 8.3:1 compression

picked up a rb30 short motor $150

R32 RB25DE head $750

Vl Head Gasket + rings + timing belt $250

Bearings where good

Already had a wolf3dv4

used top half of plemum of rb20

If u can do it urself its cheap

stock internals 8.3:1 compression

picked up a rb30 short motor $150

R32 RB25DE head $750

Vl Head Gasket + rings + timing belt $250

Bearings where good

Already had a wolf3dv4

used top half of plemum of rb20

If u can do it urself its cheap

How much power is it making and for how long have you been using it?

I've given up on this path - couldn't justify the budget required. Have gone the path of the Neo instead. :)

A quick question, has anyone considered the RB24DET conversion over a RB25DET conversion? I've had a lot of interest in this considering how cheap RB20 motors are compared to the demand of RB25/26 motors. Any comments?