SAU Community

Thats it im taking Initiative- Sydney Cruise Time!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might come to the meet up at penrith for a bit, but i don't like the idea of putting along bells line with all the saturday drivers and camrys and trcuks and stuff doing 40kmh, so i'll go home when you guys head off. You should hang around the Penrith meet for an hour or so

Thanks to BHDave my car is running again :aroused:

I'll be there but don't want to be put-puting along either so maybe we can do a different route?

I don't know any but yeah.

Well unless the engine gods are on my side i will be a no show! :) Upon realising the car was 'missing' a compression / leak down test has confirmed it is down on 2 cylinders...... ;) Maybe new engine time....who knows...must say thou the blokes are being great about it all...so helpful! Maybe i should see how much it is for em to drop a RB25 in since they are swapping neways! :aroused:

Anyways yeah so i most prob wont be able to make it....... :flamed:

Well unless the engine gods are on my side i will be a no show! :P  Upon realising the car was 'missing' a compression / leak down test has confirmed it is down on 2 cylinders...... :P Maybe new engine time....who knows...must say thou the blokes are being great about it all...so helpful! Maybe i should see how much it is for em to drop a RB25 in since they are swapping neways! :aroused:  

Anyways yeah so i most prob wont be able to make it....... :flamed:

Bummer man - ride with ceffo and me if you like. I'll have to clean the mould off the back seat that has accumulated after 6months of not moving lol

RB25?? SR20 MATE!

CC - Chief may have to decide closer to end of week champ.....just got a few things to decide atm...i was thinking of heading over to the workshop on Sat to have a discussion about it all. I am torn between a few options atm. The car is still driveable but is obviously 'missing' a fair bit. I don't know whether to -

a) Pick car up and garage it till can afford to redo RB25, SR20 conversion

B) Bite the bullet and tell em to drop in another RB20 which would be done for around $1000 (great price i think)

c) Find out how much cost to drop SR20 in it now........anyone know if this is a straight drop in, or would it require other mods.

Really didnt budget for this but hey....this is what importing is all about! lol oh well......

CC i'll pm u closer to the date and let u know! Really appricate the offer of the passenger whoring.....mould or no mould it'll be sweet!

Ando

P.S. Does anyone know where i can source 2x tyres (2nd hand, don't have to be new) 205/60/15 ?? Need em to get rego'd. Any help or places advise would be greatly appreciated! Also approx costs.

Cheers

Deviat Unlucky about the engine, but an RB25 could be, wait no, IS the true solution to this problem- coming from a VERY biased Rb25 ceffy owner.

Come along with CC and you can see all the different setups we all have!

Talking to too_much_boost at oran drift meet last fri night, I agree we can figure out an alternate route if no one is up for bells line - I don't care where we go, Last ceffie cruise I went on was 15 minutes to Cromer Exhaust for the dyno day then to chats for yum cha and that was good fun.

Bummer Deviat. I hear ya loud n clear. Dropping in a RB20 with no complications all up for $1000 sounds like a good price just to get it on the road. But how often do we not get complications? If it's an all up quote they're prepared to give no matter the complications then sounds like a good quick n dirty solution. On the other hand that's $1000 you could have put towards as rb25 or sr20 so you don't wanna be kicking yourself down the line.

I'm not sure as to the looms and sensor/wiring difference, too_much or BHDave should be able to comment on that re: the sr20 but I don't imagine it being too much (although you have to get some welding and stuff done with the gearbox when it goes in). But it's all extra cost you'll have to consider.

If you drop the rb20 you don't have to change gearboxes.

If you drop a rb25 I assume you can use the current gearbox also and have it running around as long as you play nice.

So there are many considerations there man :

Talking to too_much_boost at oran drift meet last fri night, I agree we can figure out an alternate route if no one is up for bells line...

Good stuff - anyone coming down from Northern Beaches/North Shore I can cruise to Penrith with?

CC - Thanks for the moral support champ! It is a situation excatly as u explained it. Spend the $1000 on something that could be put to something else down the track. I am going to head out there Sat so definatly am a no show...SORRY GUYS!!!! I might pop down and say g'day if anyone is meeting up at the shell servo @ 9am??!!!

I will take the car for a drive and see how bad it is 'missing' and make the call then and there. I think i am leaning towards just dropping another RB20 in for the $1000 as later down the track i can always get some money back when i do the engine swap. At least then its on the road!

Oh well, time will tell!

CEF11E I'll be at the space station.

I'm pretty sure it's Epping Road on the end it starts so if you're coming from the city just go over the bridge and follow the freeway till it ends around Lane Cove. Then keep going straight and it turns into full on freeway, then there's a turnoff on your left for Shell space station - next to the Compaq building (which you can just see from the road).

I think that's right - someone correct me if I'm getting mixed up.