SAU Community

Advice - R33 Gtst $19000

How do you even know this R33 has had no aussie owners? Cos the dealer told you?

I know this because it was on complied on Feb 05 and is still unregistered, and its not from a dealer as such its from an importer.

Anyhow how stoopid is this , I heard back from the finance people today saying that i cant get finance on a Skyline or any other import.. Alas I can get a V8 or a WRX, but not an import.. I am pretty annoyed bout this..

Had some credit issues in the past, like 5.5 years ago. and am now 27..

I just want a skyline, maybe i have to slow down and save more moolah.. Mind u i have a very healthy deposit..

Anyone know any ways around this hurdle.

dude, just get a personal loan for the car. They don't care what car it is then. You can tell em its for a camry!!! Thats what i did (at 22 years old - last year). Interest might not quite be so good but i not sure.

Anyway i don't think thats the best price for that. Bought my 95 gtst with 73500 on the clock, aftermarket stereo, 3 inch cat back exhaust, hks pod but other than that fairly stock (from a dealer) for about 18.5k.

I'd say you should be able to get it for a little bit cheaper than that. Offer 17k or so and see how it goes, other than that keep looking. Looking around certainly pays off in my opinion (also if you buy privately you'll get probably just as good a car but for cheaper)

Anyway good luck with the search

Sure it does mean something.

So for all Skylines in Japan or just from Japan:

Thrashed by Japs

So for all Skylines in Australia from Japan:

Thrashed by Japs

Thrashed by Aussies

ba :bs!: there is no solid rule which is good or bad. A car in japan could sit outside for years, have been inside, be up north, be down south, an ex race-car.. who the hells knows. At least you can inspect the car, or get somebody who knows what they are doing to do so here.. can't do that in japan.

It seems a little high for essentially a stocker, but you're not going to find much better from a dealer. Dealer cars up here are always fairly exxy.

Why not buy one from a member sold on here?.. smoothline has a very nice white gts-t which he would sell for below that and would be much faster, and have quite a few mods and you can speak to him about a 2 year history. One aussie owner.

IMO I think its bit too much.. If u can pay 19k there are lots of nice R33/32's on the forums....

I just bought a R33 for 16k, pretty much stock, except for exhaust, rims, pod. and people say thats expensive. But its really nice and runs perfect.!

guys this post has sparked a few offers, and I am greatfull for that. Dudes, wait till I get my money soighted and Ill reply back to you all. I am not gunna watse your time looking when I am uncertain on the funds.

If any one knows how an ex bankrupt (6 years ago) can fget a 8-9 grand loan then let me know :)

or if anyone wants to get a lancer 2000 1.5lt with cash difference then also let me know

my bro imported his r33 for around 20k all up... came with (late 96 model) 64Km's on the clcok auction grade 4 and for people who dont think they can be genuine km's you can inspect his car... it is imaculate inside and out... even has sunroof

so you can get cars with low kms from japan which havent been wound back

you also have to remember jap ppl buy from the auctions to

I dont get why guys join SAU AFTER they have bought their r33 and come on and ask if its a good deal.. what happened to the informed consumer? :)

Edit: my bad, I noticed that he was indeed asking good work!

$19k for a '93 model? Its probably worth about $14k.. 19 will get you a really nice series 2.. or if you want to take the risk of importing you could probably get an automatic r34 GTT :)

Good luck with the hunt.

I dont get why guys join SAU AFTER they have bought their r33 and come on and ask if its a good deal.. what happened to the informed consumer?

1. They don't know about the site initially

2. They buy their Skyline

3. They think "I want to discuss my car with others with experience"

4. Post-purchase dissonance "I think I paid too much for this car, I hope my Skyline online buddies will make me feel better by telling me it's a good buy"