SAU Community

My first skyline...what do you guys think???

Hi ppl...I just bought my skyline for $16500. Do you guys think I got a good price???

Its a 1993 R33 GTST. The car is in almost immaculate condition as I had it checked out. It has 116000kms on it.

Mods include:

GTR front grill and rear wing.

Apexi pen-type turbo timer.

Greddy boost gauge

GFB bleed valve

18 inch deep dish rims with new Toyo tyres

5Zigen 3 inch turboback exhaust

Xtreme heavy duty clutch

600X300X100 FMIC

HKS yellow mushroom airpod

Cyclops alarm/immobiliser

Nardi steering wheel

Razo gear shift knob

Razo sports pedals

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i reckon gtr kits are nice, so whats the matter with it being on a non-gtr? as long as theres no gtr badge hanging on the back trying to impersonate, whats wrong with just makin the car look better?

anyways, i got a gtr kit on teh 32.. so maybe im bias :D

s.

krush: Theres more gtr body kits than actual gtrs on the road, thats why it shits me :D

Most people I have met with actual GTR's (particularly the guys with the 33 GTRs, as 33's are the most common to receive the dress up treatment) will nod in agreement when the subject of sheep in wolves clothing comes up.. I doubt they will smash your windscreen in fury, because they probably respect all skylines, but just dont expect them to send any love your way..

:Bang:

Yup...im currently running a stock turbo. As for the GTR grill and wing thingie....sorry if it pisses any GTR owners off...they came with the car and i rather not spend money having to remove and replace them :headspin:

By...i must say, the GTR kit looks good though :D

krush: Theres more gtr body kits than actual gtrs on the road, thats why it shits me :cheers:

Most people I have met with actual GTR's (particularly the guys with the 33 GTRs, as 33's are the most common to receive the dress up treatment) will nod in agreement when the subject of sheep in wolves clothing comes up.. I doubt they will smash your windscreen in fury, because they probably respect all skylines, but just dont expect them to send any love your way..  

:Bang:

you always try to make this arguement, and your ONLY person :D

its great you dont like gtst's with gtr kits. get over it. :headspin:

Hi ppl...I just bought my skyline for $16500. Do you guys think I got a good price???

Its a 1993 R33 GTST. The car is in almost immaculate condition as I had it checked out. It has 116000kms on it.

Mods include:

GTR front grill and rear wing.

Apexi pen-type turbo timer.

Greddy boost gauge

GFB bleed valve

18 inch deep dish rims with new Toyo tyres

5Zigen 3 inch turboback exhaust

Xtreme heavy duty clutch

600X300X100 FMIC

HKS yellow mushroom airpod

Cyclops alarm/immobiliser

Nardi steering wheel

Razo gear shift knob

Razo sports pedals

old 93 skyline with cheap mods like bleed valve and high km's... not something I would buy myself.

I think you paid to much.

you always try to make this arguement, and your ONLY person :D

its great you dont like gtst's with gtr kits. get over it. :headspin:

And your the only one that ever bites..

GTR Body Kit owners > Purists

silver gts-t:

it could be worse.. i've seen a few s13s with '33 gtr wings.. :)

Infact the guy who came over to inspect my s13 when I was selling it had the SR20DE (read: non turbo) with a 33 GTR wing.. he was saying how he was going to swap the boot lids..

I told him I wasnt too interested in having my girl bastardised and wanted her to go to a good home. he never called back. ;)

:)

old 93 skyline with cheap mods like bleed valve and high km's... not something I would buy myself.  

I think you paid to much.

you paid about right.

as long as its good condition, and FMIC, 5 zigen zorst, 18" wheels arnt cheap mods.

half the stuff has been bone on this car already, think about it if he sold the mods he would get a minumum $3k back so thats a stock 33 for $13.5k. pretty good i think

i would invest in a better alarm.

silver gts-t:  

it could be worse.. i've seen a few s13s with '33 gtr wings.. :)

Infact the guy who came over to inspect my s13 when I was selling it had the SR20DE (read: non turbo) with a 33 GTR wing.. he was saying how he was going to swap the boot lids..

I told him I wasnt too interested in having my girl bastardised and wanted her to go to a good home. he never called back. ;)

:)

thats a sin

I think thats about standard price for a 93 model. It has some decent mods.

Main thing would be to check it doesnt have any oil leaks, or other problems with the engine. Problems with the chassis. Whether the kms are genuine or not, etc.

But ultimately, so long as you are happy with it, that is the main thing.

I sold my 33 GTS-T a year ago for 18k. No mods, 95 model Series 1.5. In pretty good condition. So I suppose 16.5k for a 93 with mods isnt too bad either :)

i bout my gtst s1.5 1 1/2 yrs ago for $16500, stock as a rock, but came with the gtr kit, personally not my favourite kit for skylines but compared to the stocko no-kits one its deffo better, and no it doesn't mean we r trying to impersonate gtr's haven't met a single person yet who has axctually installed a gtr kit themselves, most of them come from japan like this

u got a good buy, especially so modded

krush: Theres more gtr body kits than actual gtrs on the road, thats why it shits me  

I think as long as they dont put the GTR badge on, its a nice and tasteful mod as it makes the gts-t's look much better. After all, whats wrong with making your ride look nice?

BTW, you really should get over it. If you want exclusivity, maybe you should go out and buy something 'more exclusive'? after all, an r32 gtr or r33 gtr is getting pretty damn affordable nowadays. Unless of course you cant afford it, in which case you really shouldnt be complaining :cheers: