SAU Community

Whats everyone running

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious as to what everyone is running component wise in there ride and where abouts have they installed everything???

Nissan CW726 head unit (5" lcd display, useless ntsc tv tuner, am/fm, eq)

Nissan 6 CD Stacker

factory speakers in rear and doors, all of which have just about fallen to bits)

I'm off to Freeway car audio in dandenong asap to get some decent speakers fitted all round. Think i'll leave the CW726 in place for the moment, the TV wont tune our TV stations but the rest of it works just fine.

I hope to get them to fit some 6x9" (with an adaptor) in the rears and some decent 6" with splits for the doors. Dunno if I should go a subby or not, we'll see.....

mike

Finally recieved the HU and DSP at MAS and the Focal Utopias arrived yesterday :cheers: probably finish off with 2 SoundStream XTA720.4 and an Eclipse sub. I will be starting the ripping out of interiour bits and measuring on the w/e. Hmmm should take pics and write up a tute from a noob's perspective while riping everything out.

Finally recieved the HU and DSP at MAS and the Focal Utopias arrived yesterday :D probably finish off with 2 SoundStream XTA720.4 and an Eclipse sub. I will be starting the ripping out of interiour bits and measuring on the w/e. Hmmm should take pics and write up a tute from a noob's perspective while riping everything out.

Sounds like a pretty sweet set up you going to put in, two thumbs up for the pics and tute, sounds like a good idea there. Help noob's out as you say :D

eurovox cassette deck

kmart 2" speakers on the dash

**** smiths 4" 2ohm speakers in the rear doors

and a sony discman with a tape in adapter

c'mon as if mine isn't the best ever :D how good was eurovox

all class

c'mon as if mine isn't the best ever :D how good was eurovox

all class

Mate, me still thinks yours would win contests for sure (not going to say which ones though :wassup: )

And yeah your right champ, Eurovox is all ar.... SORRY my BAD. You said class didn't you :headspin:

• 2 weeks later...
ok so we have learned from experience that sony is shit has anyone ever installed a vdo head unit and how do they compare with the likes of say pioneer  :ghost:

Its all personal preference really tin, its if you like the HU, its got the features looking for and will do for the install you looking at. Its the price range and easy to use. VDO are a good budget HU but dont go past the JVC MP3 range either. Pioneer are a good deck with dual and sub pre outs (sub control) and are fairly easier to use. Any HU that has at aleast 2 pre outs (and sub control if your running them) that has a frequency range and mp3 then your laughing all the way to the bank mate :P

Have just been down to the local guys to see what they can do to help replace the cassette player that is in the car at the moment and ended up walking out of there with half the gear but ended up with a nice Alpine H/U CDA 9851 and some splits for the front also Alpine SPR-17LS and hopefully in 2 weeks time will get the rest being a 4 channel amp and Type R 61/2" for the rear that should give me a bit better sound... just have to decide on if I am going to need the sub or not

ok so we have learned from experience that sony is shit

mate, experience the cdx-c90 / 4000 processor combo or any xES ranges and say that again. sony makes a LOT of garbage, but too many people forget they have some seriously, seriously serious gear too! i wouldn't part with my sony ES home redbook cd player for the world!!!

anyway, my system isnt installed yet. its driving me nuts!!! and i still haven't gotten off my backside to get it in! all this nice gear and its on my shelf.... :D been seriously considering just leaving it to marty to do for me cos i don't have the free time. plus, fibreglassing in a canberra winter is about as fun as poking yourself in the eye.

bits consist of:

headunit: clarion drx-9255

processor: orion concept 97.2 (limited ed. deq30 in funky enclosure, basically...) (balance line)

xover: phoenix gold zpx2 3way active (balance line)

amps: 2x phoenix gold zpa0.3v2 amps (balance line)

midbass: dynaudio mw160

tweet: either morel supremo or dynaudio esotar (undecided)

ambient tweet: dynaudio mw100 if i use them.

sub: image dynamics idmax, adire audio brahma or 2x soundstream reference ss12r (depending on what sort of enclosure i use - ap enclosure for the SS's or sealed for the brahma/max)

cables will be custom for the audio side of things and stinger/aerpro for power. got a yellowtop waiting in the wings as well.

sound deading will be g-spot and heavy duty dense-as felt i get for a song down here in ACT.

when it all goes in i'll make a song and dance about it.... otherwise my system is useless ! :cuss:

hehe

d

Kenwood 9020R deck

MB Quart DSD 213 front splits running of a 2000q cadence amp

JL 10inch 10W3v2 running off a 600s coustic amp, still in a prefab box.

Kenwood 10stacker.

Sound deadening consitis of!

1x road kill door kit

1x tac mat kit

1x 1/2 focal plain chant kit (ie 2 bricks per door)

and fresh made speaker pods.

Thats my gear. In time I will eventually get around to a better sub install, set up properly etc, probably use my cadence amp for the 5 1/4 inch drivers, put them in as rear fill, then get a new amp and some 6 1/2 inch reference drivers (they are sold as just a driver) and put them as an upgrade to the front. I think for what Im trying to achive that will be fine. At least until I get money for something insane.

Headunit; Pioneer DEXP1.

Amps;

Pioneer GMX904x Driving Subwoofers

Clarion APA 4 channel running mains.

Speakers;

PG Tantrum X 6.0cs Components

Alpine TypeS 6.5" coaxls

Subs;

Pioneer TSW303c's x2 In custom Sealed Inclosure.

Stinnger 1/2farrad Cap.

Headunits:

Kenwood M505 (MD Player, TV Tuner)

Kenwood C505 (CD Player, Equalizer)

Amp:

Avalanche (Bullshit cheap 800Watt 4 Channel amp i got for $100 :cheers:)

Speakers:

JBL 6.5 inch fronts and JBL tweeters

3 way Kenwoods in the back

Sub:

Pioneer 12 inch VCCS in custom box

Hey guys,

Got a question....

I've got the choice at the mo to buy either:

Focal - Polyglass 165V 6-1/2" Splits for the front

2*6" or 6-1/2" 3-ways in the back

Pioneer - TS-C160R 6" 2 way splits for the front

TS-A1681S 6" 4-Ways in the back

I can get the focal for around $500, and the pioneer for around $400 - but I just dont know which to choose!!!

Ny help?

Hey guys,

Got a question....

I've got the choice at the mo to buy either:

Focal - Polyglass 165V  6-1/2" Splits for the front

2*6" or 6-1/2" 3-ways in the back

Pioneer - TS-C160R 6" 2 way splits for the front

TS-A1681S 6" 4-Ways in the back

I can get the focal for around $500, and the pioneer for around $400 - but I just dont know which to choose!!!

Ny help?

DUDE you would be mad to not go the focals, but thats just my choice. At the end of the day it depends on what you like really, have a listen to both and see which one's your prefer. Everyone is different.

I have the TS-C160R components and there a good split, but nothing on the focals in my book.

I agree. Focals win hands down in my book too.

Out of those two I reckon 99 times in 100 we would sell Focal over Pioneer.

You heard it from the man, now do you really have to ask the question :wassup:

I haved changed my amp plans to be a Zapco matching pair from FHRX. So anyone want a XTA720.4 for less than 1/2 rrp pm me before I put it up for sale (not exactly sure I want to part with it yet).

So now the focal utopias will run off a Zapco Reference 350.2 and a Zapco Reference 500.1 to run a yet to be decided sub. Finding it very hard to choose, needs to be 12" 4Ohm DVC or single 2Ohm with excelllent SQ able to take the 500W RMS nicely.