SAU Community

Whats everyone running

Cheers guys, I'm now definately going for the Focals.

Fhrx, you couldnt by any chance give me a price for a set of 165V2s and 165CAs?

..... at the mo I've got a seller for $500

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, I'm now definately going for the Focals.

Fhrx, you couldnt by any chance give me a price for a set of 165V2s and 165CAs?

..... at the mo I've got a seller for $500

That sounds pretty close. Is that for both together or each?

I paid $420 for a pair of 165v2s and trust me they are exellent, it depends on personal preference but the 165v2s actually sounde better than the more expensive focal splits.

That sounds pretty close. Is that for both together or each?  

I paid $420 for a pair of 165v2s and trust me they are exellent, it depends on personal preference but the 165v2s actually sounde better than the more expensive focal splits.

Sweet, can't wait for some decent sound again in my 32.

and yeah... its for both :D!!!!!!!!!

Sweet, can't wait for some decent sound again in my 32.

and yeah... its for both :D!!!!!!!!!

Should sounds very sweet with your set up, and it sounds like ou have the gift of the gab to get a deal like that :wassup:

OK!!

I can now write something decentish

HU: Sony Xplode CDX-M8800

Front: Focal PolyGlass 165V2 Split set (6.5")

Rear: Focal 165CA co-axials (6.5")

No sub or amp as yet....

mine has changed yet again.

Zapco plans are out, u-dimension is in. Hopefully get time to put damn pods in soon.

2 x u-Dimension Jr15.2x Amps (2x125W RMS @ 4Ohms) *bought today :P *

1 x Sound Stream XTA720.4 Amp (4x90W RMS @ 4Ohms bridged to 2x360W RMS @ 4Ohms)

Focal Utopia 165W3 running semi-active mid-bass @ 125W RMS and mid/tweet @ 125W RMS off Focal x-over

JL Audio W3V2 in 4Ohm DVC getting 720W RMS off the SS

OR

Run the Focals fully active 125/125/90 and get a 2Ohm DVC W3V2 with 360W RMS into it. Must do some testing.

Ok, got my new install done finally, here is what i'm currently running..

Nissan CW726 head unit

Speakers are all Alpine..

SPS-170A rears

SPS-171A splits

SWS-1242D 12" sub

MRP-M350 sub amp

MRP-F240 4 channel amp

Pervson4 $150 4 channel speaker/line conv

Even tho the head unit needed speaker to line conversions the sound is awesome, now to save up for a decent head unit!

Mike

Ok, got my new install done finally, here is what i'm currently running..

Nissan CW726 head unit

Speakers are all Alpine..

SPS-170A rears

SPS-171A splits

SWS-1242D 12" sub

MRP-M350 sub amp

MRP-F240 4 channel amp

Pervson4 $150 4 channel speaker/line conv

Even tho the head unit needed speaker to line conversions the sound is awesome, now to save up for a decent head unit!

Mike

Sounds pretty sweet as it is though. Im sure a new HU will finish it off nicely

Sounds pretty sweet as it is though.  Im sure a new HU will finish it off nicely

yeah i'm rapt with it. dug out my ipod on the weekend, installed the car mount i bought for it and loaded it up with some beats... i'm happy :D

mike

yeah i'm rapt with it. dug out my ipod on the weekend, installed the car mount i bought for it and loaded it up with some beats... i'm happy :rofl:

mike

Yeah NOICE, i was thinking of getting an iPod but im looking at the Creative Zen's now instead.

Deck: Alpine CDA-9831

Amp: Alpine MRDM500 (561x1 rms)

Amp: Alpine MRVF340 (55x4 rms)

Sub: Rockford Fosgate HX2 2212

Spks: 6" Pioneer 140W (soon to be replaced with some 6" splits)

Spks: 6x9" Pioneer 220W (maybe replace with some other 6x9", these are really old)

Cable: Aerpro (I think thats what its called)

Batt: Optima 500CCA

in process of installation after ripping out of TX3

so far ive got...

headunit: Pioneer Deh-p9650mp

front: pioneer 6 1/2" 4ways ( installed with difficutly... cutting of stuff has to be undertaken )

rear: pioneer 6x9's

and i wanna sub in the boot mb running off a decent amp... dunno yet but, coz the setup as is atm is pretty good.

Yeah NOICE, i was thinking of getting an iPod but im looking at the Creative Zen's now instead.

yeah the Zen is nice, one good feature is the user replaceable battery, the Ipod has an internal battery that requires the unit to be pulled apart to be replaced, so it will cost $$$. But, the Ipod has one thing the Zen doesn't, head unit support. Alpine, Pioneer and some other head units have interfaces available that let you completely control the Ipod, and even show the track names and ID3 tags on the display, which to me is worth getting the 'pod.

mike

yeah the Zen is nice, one good feature is the user replaceable battery, the Ipod has an internal battery that requires the unit to be pulled apart to be replaced, so it will cost $$$. But, the Ipod has one thing the Zen doesn't, head unit support. Alpine, Pioneer and some other head units have interfaces available that let you completely control the Ipod, and even show the track names and ID3 tags on the display, which to me is worth getting the 'pod.

mike

Yeah it can be very preicey to get a battery changed but with the new gen 3 ipods there is no need to worry about that.

I dont need it for the car as have a mp3/WMA HU anyway so its not like i can't fit enought songs on 2 or 3 discs to last me a little while, but i hear where your coming from.

Headunit : Alpine Cd tuner 9807

Splits: 6.5" Alpine Type-Rs

Amps: JBL 2 channel GT0 400

JBL Mono GTO 601.1

Sub: 15" Fusion Power Plant

Battery: Dual Exide Blue top sealed battery set up

Some pics can be found on link below

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost...r=20564&cat=500

Nice install you got there, very blingy thats for sure.

Ok so after reading the post that i started i realised that i haven't posted up what my system is :chairshot

R32 with the following:

Headunit; Pioneer DEH-P5750MP

Amps;

Jaycar 2X100W Driving Subwoofers

Pioneer 4X80W driving front stage

Speakers;

Pioneer TSC-1603C

(have focals on hold to replace the pioneers)

Subs;

2 X MTX THUNDER 10' subs in custom built tubes.

Battery:

Odessey 1000

hey guys,

ipod battery are easy to chance,

from gen 1 to gen 4,

u can buy the kits off ebay for about 30 bucks,

I have done it myself,

its a pice of p#%s

Rick do you know if there is a difference with the Ipods (between the US and OZ) with the inputs/outputs at all???

Ive done my system on thinking i need "big bass", which i now regret ...

anyway i got:

headunit: Sony (dunno the model number) the one with the black lcd face , and no buttons. Need a romote/joystick to operate it. (55x4)

Front: Clarion 2 ways 6"

Back: Clarion 2 way 6"

Amp: Alpine 750x1 monobloc amp

Subs: Rockford fosgate stage 3 punch subs x 2 12"

Ive ordered Sunvisor monitors and a dvd player which havnt arrived yet. Be installed in a fortnight or so.