SAU Community

How much are the nissan skyline r34GTT

syaken is how much rego is left

The less there is, usually - the cheaper the car goes for at auction

Crash damage will be indicated by a 0/R/A rating

if it has a grade of 1/2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5/5/6/S then it hasnt been damaged, according to the auction vehicle inspector

syaken is how much rego is left

The less there is, usually - the cheaper the car goes for at auction

Crash damage will be indicated by a 0/R/A rating

if it has a grade of 1/2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5/5/6/S then it hasnt been damaged, according to the auction vehicle inspector

mine says 3.5 so I am pretty sure I will have no problems in compliance.

Here is my auction report, looks ok to me.

mine says 3.5 so I am pretty sure I will have no problems in compliance.

Here is my auction report, looks ok to me.

Dont forget auction reports will vary it all depends on the inspector .

As a rule ex damaged cars will have an R or RA rating ( Ra is previous damage but good repair ) .

The Japs are not known to do good repairs , when i was there i saw spray painting taking place in a workshop in the open at 8 o/clock at night .

what are you talking about mate? The car is mine when it hits the docks, I choose when to take it to compliance. I only take it there when it has no mods that need to be taken off to have it complianced.

the exporter hasnt quoted me anything.. all he does is tell you how much the car costs 1.4 million yen and you pay it and pay the FOB he has nothing to do with anything else.

organising compliance and import approval are what you do.

You are getting confused by what aussie import brokers do. They create a package and pretend they actually do something for you apart from make some calls and forward some emails. (all of which you can do yourself)

Each stage in the import process is simple it just requires time and money.

maTE IM NOT GETTING CONFUDSED ABOUT NOTHING YOU SAID IT WAS "ON ROAD FOR 30 k" !.....NOW YOUR TELLING ME YOUR DOING THE SUMS..... yoU CANT send A CAR IN UNLESS YOU HAVE THE "IMPORT APPROVALs" FROM CANBERRA SO UNLESS YOU ARE A RAWS SOMEONE MUST HAVE QUOTED YOU TO IMPORT THE CAR ON YOU BEHALF and or is selling you the plates otherwise it will sit on the jap docks for a very long time (and dont send it FOB on the next boat) ......cause it will need to be sent back out of AUS until you do and you wont get much change out of $80 a day in docked holding fees,i f you leave it on the docks in AU while you figure it out. Personal imports are a completely differant thing.

And the process aint that easy, its a lot of PRE-paperwork, then again who is paying for the change overs, the xenon lights etc ? someone has to pay for the parts and at say $3k for new light kit it now owes you 33k, my comments where based on a total price landed and complied as you stated, now im not sure what to make of your post whats in or out, im assuming you have brought in other Raws cars and have included all costs in your "on the road Price" and unless your also a freight forwarder or Customs agent who will release it from customs ? You have to at some point use a middle man to do somthing ?

Also unless something has changed in the last 8 months it is only worth being yours (As far as a valueble asset) when it clears customs and all the paperwork for import is correct and released ( and only an import approval can do that otherwise it goes in the crusher or you send it back to the aucton house for resale or storage till you do.) Unless your bringing it in under some other scheme.

I hope for your sake dude you have done your own homework and not used the internet "advise" on how easy it is.

For the record i have brought in 8 cars under SEVS and 3 cars under RAWs and my last car was a supra some 8 months ago , it was such a pain in the arse that it will be the last car i bring in. I hope you find your R34 experiance smooth. good luck and i mean it in a nice way. :headspin:

I got a 2000 gt-t for 30k on road in australia.

auction sheet is clean as a whistle. And it is bayside blue a hard colour to get.

pretty stock, quick shift kit, suspension, is about it, no stereo.

Will let you know if i find any surprises in about a month or so.

check it out here (I bought it directly from a jap exporter, no aussie middle man)

http://members.ii.net/~tfroggydawg/page/20...line_r34_gt.htm

I cant be bothered reading all of your post.

I know how importing works, the process is easy.

compliance guy does your compliance, import approval.

Custom broker sorts out all the wharf stuff and payments.

It just takes time and money and of course patiance.

Last time I had no problems, just had to wait ages.

*taps wood*

:P

maTE IM NOT GETTING CONFUDSED ABOUT NOTHING YOU SAID IT WAS "ON ROAD FOR 30 k" !.....NOW YOUR TELLING ME YOUR DOING THE SUMS.....  yoU CANT send A CAR IN UNLESS YOU HAVE THE "IMPORT APPROVALs" FROM CANBERRA SO UNLESS YOU ARE A RAWS  SOMEONE MUST HAVE QUOTED YOU  TO IMPORT THE CAR ON YOU BEHALF and or is selling you the plates  otherwise it will sit on the jap docks for a very long time (and dont send it FOB on the next boat) ......cause it will need to be sent back out of  AUS until you do and you wont get much change out of $80 a day in docked holding fees,i f you leave it on the docks in AU while you figure it out.   Personal imports are a completely differant thing.

And the process aint that easy, its a lot of PRE-paperwork,  then again who is paying for the  change overs, the xenon lights etc ? someone has to pay for the parts and at say $3k for new light kit it now owes you 33k, my comments where based on a total price landed and complied as you stated, now im not sure what to make of your post whats in or out, im assuming you have brought in other Raws cars  and have included all costs in your "on the road Price" and unless your also a freight forwarder or Customs agent who will release it from customs ?  You have to at some point use a middle man to do somthing ?

Also unless something has changed in the last 8 months it is only worth being yours (As far as a valueble asset) when it clears customs and all the paperwork for import is correct and released ( and only an import approval can do that otherwise it goes in  the crusher or you send it back to the aucton house for resale or storage till you do.)   Unless your bringing it in under some other scheme.  

I hope for your sake dude you have done your own homework and not used the internet "advise" on how easy it is.

For the record i have brought in 8 cars under SEVS and 3 cars under RAWs and my last car was a supra some 8 months ago , it was such a pain in the arse that it will be the last car i bring in.   I hope you find your R34 experiance smooth.  good luck and i mean it in a nice way. :headspin:

I cant be bothered reading all of your post.

I know how importing works, the process is easy.  

compliance guy does your compliance, import approval.

Custom broker sorts out all the wharf stuff and payments.

It just takes time and money and of course patiance.

Last time I had no problems, just had to wait ages.

*taps wood*

:spank:

Don't worry , as long as you have your import approval ( actualy your raw would have ) with your cars vin , the derego paper , invoice and bill of lading you are sweet .

if you appoint a customs broker they will do all the customs clearing for you , if you dont have a broker you can do it yourself its very easy .

As soon as the boat lands they drive it of it , customs then will want their money and tax and q/t should inspect the car the same day . More than likely they will send it for a steam clean , they may let you drive it there but if it has mud underneath they will tell youi to put it on a tilt tray or trailer . Once its done they will reinspect it maybe the next day , then she is yours .

The car should go straight to your raw fof compliancing , thats the law .

If you are planning to keep your xenons you may have to do your own conversion so you can keep the balasts and the globes . Most compliancers in Sydney use the xenon globes and they fit halogens in them ( then cant reconvert them ) and cut the balasts .

I recently imported a r34 gtr , i did my own customs clearence so i know what i'm talking about .

The only problem is if your car has been in an accident before or it has rust in it , i've seen heaps of rusty cars , if not you are ok .

Good luck with it , i hope you get it soon .